Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

That Dragon flying in circles is Odaviin, but it would still make it more believable to have a bunch of Dragons sitting around though. :P

Im not gonna mess with the Console if we are either meant to Kill Par or its a Missing Scriptline for him to be saved. :mellow:

You can probably spawn a few dragons up there, thought I don't know if the're gonna be friendly or not.. :P Thanks for the Odahviing clarification.

I also don't think we're ever going to be promoted to chose, it's part of the quest, only thing is I don't like it.. So I roleplayed it. If I'm allowed to to lie or tell the truth to people throughout my campaign, I should be allowed to do that at my own will. So yea, I spoke to the Blades, then to Paarthurnax, then assured Greybeards I would not kill Paar and went back to the Blades and lied to them. No harm done.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never killed him because I felt it completely unnecessary and unjustified to do so. Simple as that.

The Blades offer no good reason why he deserves to die, saying only that it is because he is a dragon. That's basically it. Their Akaviri predecessors may have had one goal in mind: To kill dragons, but the Blades are a much different group of people and have adopted different methods over time.

But this isn't the main reason I didn't kill him. The main reason is because when you mention to Paarthurnax that the Blades wish to kill him, he explains that whilst it is rather wise for the Blades to distrust him and the rest of his kin - a race Paarthurnax states has a natural lust for power - but he asks one simple question: Is it not better to have thought this urge for power through his own in-built willpower alone?

Other than that, the benefits don't weigh up eithe: Killing him means you're forced to complete the Civil War questline to complete the main storyline (if you kill him before the whole "truce" quest), you don't get Word Wall locations by the Greybeards and all you really get from the Blades is the ability to recruit 3 people to their group (which doesn't do jack for you) and Esbern can make a potion that reduces melee damage done by dragons by 25% (which is bugged and doesn't work anyway).

NEVER!

screw those 2 blades. Paarthurnax is a good guy now and the elders trust him. why shouldnt i?

besides, they give you quests to get new shouts.

and what the blade does? just say "trololo nice job, i knew you wouldnt let us down, herp derp".

<3 Paarthurnax

I would kill him but cuz of how the 2 blades spoke to the player I WILL NEVER KILL HIM!

I tryed to kill the blades three times!

Killing Paarthirnax ia stupid, since its because of him that mortals have been able to fight dragons. And teaching mortals the way of the voice can't have been an easy decision to make, since Paarthurnax knew that many of his kin would be slain.

Meanwhile, the Greybeards want to help me reach my full potential, and aren't trying to shove their ideology down my throat. Even though Esbern was unhappy with me for dealing with the Blades, he set that aside and let me choose my own path. So my choice is clear.

Only a stormcloak would slay Paarthurnax... That's it, Im joining the imperials!

Edited by kradus

Meanwhile, the Greybeards want to help me reach my full potential, and aren't trying to shove their ideology down my throat. Even though Esbern was unhappy with me for dealing with the Blades, he set that aside and let me choose my own path. So my choice is clear.

Note that Arngeir has shown to be rather flighty at times and he shows just as much mistrust and ignorance towards the Blades as Esbern and Delphine do towards the Greybeards.

Neither faction are bad in and of themselves, they just have slightly differing goals. The problem lies with the factions management. I'm not fond of either (the management, that is, I prefer the Greybeard ideology overall, though) simply because both Delphine and Esbern are completely ignorant of the Way of the Voice, not understanding why the Greybeards don't use their power (and also because they freakin' blackmail you with their "help"). Arngeir on the other hand seems perfectly content in deciding the worlds fate by simply sitting back and watching Alduin burn it all.