Heavy Traffic ×

Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't do it. Paarthurnax is obviously good. He taught humans the way of the voice etc.. and he's one of my favorite NPCs.

The only reason I would kill him is if I was making a dragon slayer character that recruits Blades.

I killed him once... but not on my normal play through. I was doing some testing and figured I'd do things differently than I normally would.

The thing that is strange to me is that they seem to want to kill Paarthurnax due to some sort of all dragons must die mentality but they don't seem to have much of a problem with the fact that I flew on a dragon as they don't as if I killed him too.

But I also agree that this quest wasn't very fleshed out as they didn't even make a way to complete it without killing him... I think. Like tell the blades you refuse to do it and then it says something udner completed quests like this:

"Failed: I told the Blades I refuse to kill Paarthurnax because I believe he has changed. Now they refuse to assist me any further. Time will tell if I made the right decision."

But then again, a few quests are like that so maybe they just didn't think about that mechanic in general.

Never. If there was ever someone that qualifies as "rehabilitated", it's him. Literally, without Paarthurnax's assistance, the world would still be dominated by dragons. He may have been responsible for thousands/tens of thousands of deaths way back when. But compare that to the millions that didn't die because of his assistance over the intervening millenia.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the "Recruit More Blades" Mod (ID# 11750). Not only does it allow you to increase the number of Blades but you don't have to kill Paarthurnax. I highly recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, does that mean Athmoor is Akatosh?!!!

As far as modding goes, yeah, he's up there...

I do wonder what would happen if I summoned Odahviing to the Sky Haven Temple practice grounds with the Paarthurnax Dilemma installed (and completed). Would Delphine and the rest of the blades still go beserk and attack him? Hmm, methinks I will expirement later...

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my take on this. I don't care about the past on either side. I want Parthurnax alive. If we were to project the story line beyond the game, projecting forward to the Moot and then beyond. As the Dragonborn, I believe has a greater destiny. To help rebuild Skyrim and the Empire.....or create a new one altogether. To me, the story would continue beyond the game through unifying all the other factions under one banner. Then, Durnehviir, Odahving and Parthurnaax. As well as those dragons who willingly follow "The Way of the Voice" including the Greybeards and also any dragons and people the Dragonborn turned using Bend Will would tool. I would think this would be the greatest military force ever assembled in the history of Tamriel. Now, as for the Blades, as the Dragonborn, I would approach Delphine and Esbern and say to them. Parthurnaax is worth more to me alive for the future plan than he is dead. Him, remaining alive will save more humans currently living then killing him will. His live is also worth more than yours. As for the Blades organization, This temple and the name "Blades"...They belong to me. Parthurnax is to continue on. You may choose to join me and help rebuild the Blades or walk away now. If you interfere, I'll kill you where you stand.

Unfortunately, that option was never presented. But I do use Arthmoor's The Parturnaax Dilemma mod.

But I had always wanted to make a mod.........It's way beyond me though. Where if you did kill him and came to regret it, you could seek help from Durnehviir where he hepls you construct a dragon soul phylactery, that you then go kill a dragon and direct that soul into the Phylactery. Then you go to the Time Wound and use the Dragon Scroll to go back in time and give the phylactery to Parturnaax at a point in time before you lkill him. So that means at the time you killed him, you absorbed the soul in the Phylactery and not Parthurnaax's, so when you return to the present, he's there too.