Quest throat of the world does not start

DreyX

is there a way to start all over with out loosing all of your things? im lvl 83, and i dont really want to start over. i get the two options after alduin's wall and i ask argneir about paarthunax and he says to "hone my voice first and then i will be ready" i dont know how to Hone it someone help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have this same problem. I'm level 60 something, played 150+ hours, doing the main quest here and there, and I get to Alduin's Wall, Esbern talks about it, they talk about asking the Greybeards about the shout that can defeat Alduin, and that's it. I get two miscellaneous quests, one to find followers for Delphine, and another to talk to to Esbern about Dragon Lairs. No new main quest though. I found the followers for Delphine, all three, and they now wander around Sky Haven Temple in Blades gear, and when I try to talk to Esbern all the way back in the Ratway Warrens, he has no new dialogue options. I assume this is because I've probably already found all the Dragon lairs he would have told me about, but is this maybe why the main quest won't advance as well? The next quest should be 'Throat of the World' but it won't start. I've tried the console commands setstage mq203 80 or whatever to finish 'Alduin's Wall' and nothing happens. I've tried setstage mq204 10 to start 'Throat of the World' and nothing happens. Setstage 206 something works, to start 'Alduin's Bane' but it's greyed out because I don't have whatever is required. I REALLY don't want to skip anything, and not a chance in hell I'm starting over. Come on. A game with a broken main quest...how does that get past testing? Especially since I'm clearly not even close to the only one with this or similar problems. Any suggestions?

start over? D=< FFFFF*************************** -cries in a corner-

• 10 months later...

I think you do not get the problem, the town is riverwood you are reffering,

i have done that,, i have been at the Blades temple with delphine and esbern, esbern explained me the prophecy and told me about the ancient shout that was used to defeat the alduin, and that i should talk with the greybeards to find out more, and that is when the quest line stops and there is no further info

ty m8 it helped me a lot

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...