Lets talk about sex....in Skyrim

Modslave

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible to compare the witcher to skyrim. The witcher used cut scenes to make the scenes more fluid and realistic, if the game makers had scripted the scenes to work in real time they would look just as robotic as they do in skyrim. Also, Bethesda simply cannot put any romance/sex content into the game since we all know some thick skulled parent not thinking before the bought their kid the game would see that and crap a brick house. i do agree there should be more mod content that allows you to form a personal relationship with your follower/mate. I'm not all that keen on the sex scene part of the idea though, it was amusing to watch the first time i tried an -cough- "adult" mod but now i feel kind of creepy whenever i see one.

• 3 months later...

In my believes sex is something that doesn't fits in skyrim because Bethesda made every single NPC action scripted and completely robotic , the player is not free to romance anyone in the games world and by saying romance i mean real romance with the whole package ( dating , gifts , kisses , trips , erc...)

But anyways , do we really want a game to work like real life ?

See....life....is....complicated.....i don't want this in a game ;-)

P.S.: Sorry about the brainf@&k , my English is a pile of :poop:

• 1 year later...

Nice arguments there. But even before thinking about contextual sex you should explore the relations between player and npcs so that there is a an actual interest for their story, personalities, background, etc, like the witcher series or the bioware games are doing.

The problem is that the Skyrim development was obviously hastily finished. There are many characters with obvious references to their backstories(Sapphire, who says she might tell you more about herself in the future, Rune's search for his origin and the meaning of the rune found with him, that has even a note, but that doesn't go further, Jon Battleborn and Olfina Graymane, which have a hidden relationship, but there is nothing to get deeper into the subject, just the letter you pickpocket from Jon, the wives of the Orc chief of the stronghold near Windhelm(I think it was Largashbur), but when you try to pry deeper there's just a dead end. Rune might be from Atmora, we'll never know Glover Mallory's daughter's real name, just her alias Sapphire, the dispute between Battleborns and Graymanes will never be resolved, we'll never know if Jon and Olfina drift apart, keep dating in secret(though I never saw anything besides the letter that even hinted at them dating, so they know very well how to keep a secret) or elope, Aicantar is just the nephew assistant of Calcelmo who experimented with a dwarven spider control rod and left it lying around. You don't go deeper into stories that should obviously be there. How do you expect contextual sex, if you don't even have characters, only actors? Damn, Fjola(from Mistwatch) and the bandit chief from Pinewatch are more like characters than most NPCs!

If you want contextual sex, first you'll need a mod to expand the backstories of all faction named NPCs and make quests so that you can learn and be a part of it, and that will not be canon, so you can't say it's lore-friendly, which I think beats the purpose of contextual sex for vanilla characters.