Need quest ID and stage numbers for "Find the copy of The Legendy

Armagetiton

If anyone can give me the quest ID and stage number for "Find the copy of The Legendary Scourge" that you get from Urag gro-Shub in Winterhold College, that'd be great. I found the book before I got the quest, and it broke it. It's a misc. quest.

I could also settle for someone telling me how to find the quest ID and stage numbers myself.

setstage MGR20 20

This works for two books that are mentioned in the skyrim wiki, and it worked to fix my "Invocation of Azura", which wasn't one of the listed books.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Urag_gro-Shub

Hypothetically, it should work for all his side quests if you already found the books!

Save your game first and try this. Let me now if this works!

Edited by trepmaws

• 3 weeks later...
Go to console. Use "player.drop 0001AD0A 1" (no quotes; all codes use zero, not "o", and don't forget the quantity variable of 1). The book will drop onto the ground. When you read/keep it, you will get a notice of quest completion and a suggestion to return to the librarian to turn it in. The "player.drop <baseID> <quantity>" console command is a good one to keep handy as there may be other places where you have inadvertently pre-empted a quest by finding the quest object before getting the quest. Just tried it out myself 20 min. ago and it worked. I'd also suggest avoiding other "drop" commands as some of them actually erase the object and I'm not sure it respawns back in the chest. Good luck and good huntin.