Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

Ok, I got everything smooth until step 10. I changed the formID on my duplicated CNTO entry, but it wouldn't save. Each time I reopened it to check, the formID reverted to the original.

You might want to add "click the blank button next to the formID to confirm the change." to step 10

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what to do for helmets. my helmet has 4 MODLs and it doesn't say which is what.

yeah me either. I am guessing it's to do with Male/female/orc/argonian/khajiit versions. but yeah funk entry, probs because it's different to F3/ob data it's not read fully.

you open a skyrim mesh of similiar properties, aka a sword if you want to port a sword in nifskope with throttlekitties new nif.xml installed inside your nifskope directory (get it here: http://dl.dropbox.co...ifTools/nif.xml)

Could someone please help me and explain how to install the new nif.xml in my nifscope directory, preferably in words a slow 5-year old would understand.

My plan is to use this guide to make a new silver ingot to replace the existing one, since it uses the iron ingot's texture. But currently I can't open the ingotsilver.nif.

I'm having some difficulty.. for some reason i can't seem to create a new item. i don't know what goes wrong, but i keep getting errors when i try to use 'player.additem' with the new item's FormID; i don't remember exactly, but it tells me something about it being non-valid or something. so i'm only able to get textures and meshes to appear in-game by replacing an existing item's files (nif & dds). anyone else had this problem with the FormIDs?

as an aside, does anyone know which entries in skyrim.esm are responsible for resizing helmets to fit the characters head?

Alright, excuse me if this is a stupid question since I'm new to nifskope, but I'm trying to learn.

I want to port over a shield from Oblivion and I've gotten the mesh imported over a skyrim shield, but I'm not sure the UV data carried over. When I right click the mesh and go to texture>edit UV it says "Could not load texture data for UV editor."

I'm at a loss for what to do.

Edited by DM Veil