Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

I've managed to create some new items, but none of them appear properly. no matter what model or texture, it appear like this:

well, actually, this is a robe. if my new item is a hat, then my vanilla armour will cover up the naked.

i have no idea what is causing this. has anyone else experienced this? anyone know how to fix it?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

delete everything except GRUP (WEAP) (if your item is a weapon that is), GRUP (CONT) (which are chests and so on)

I found it easier to copy and paste the individual item, and then use the "sanitise" option in tessnip

Hell this thread makes me wonder if Bethesda doesn't realise the CK soon, modders will come up with our own :laugh:

Hi, i was experimenting with the obj import/export, but for some reason when ever i import on niskope, the trishape disapears, can someone tell me what are the setting on blender for the export, cause i know i had it right the first time i tried, but pc crashed, when i tried to do that again i just couldn't get it right, mostly keeps overwriting the old trishape but goes totally transparent only showing the body base mesh, have anyone had this problem too? i am trying to remove some parts of the mesh on an armor piece and on the wench clothes, i really don't want to mess with the texture making some parts transparent cause i am not good at all working with the dds files.

Any help would be much appreciated thank you.

Yes i can see the screen, i am guessing we will have to wait for the proper nifskope and blender plugins to be able to mod meshes also.... don't get me wrong but as much as i want the CS so bad we don't need the CS to make the meshes show....it's a whole different thing modding meshes and modding/adding files to the game, CS will not allow you to make the meshes show correctly in game or make them work with blender/nifskope/3DS and so on... i have read so many people saying they can't wait for the CS to be out so they can start modding but.... again like i said the CS doesn't have anything to do with the plugins/programs we need to mod meshes/textures and so on.

Well, I've gotten several new weapon models into the game now, does anyone know how to get the blood textures to use the new mesh instead of the one from the original weapon I copied?

Neo: You can't make stuff transparent with the alpha channel anyway on the shader for weapons and armor.

Edited by 747823

Anyone have tried to port Dimon's work on female bodies ???

I 've tried to paste the berry model in Skyrim's Data file by simply rename it using same directory as seen in Skyrim.esm with tesnip, but i got big warning red sign ingame instead of naked body it might be a texture incompatibility, i don't know either.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

Well, I've gotten several new weapon models into the game now, does anyone know how to get the blood textures to use the new mesh instead of the one from the original weapon I copied?

< just make new ones.

It's just a sort of stripped down clone of your weapon more or less, probably with a very small bit of a push modifier to avoid any mesh flicker.

You can view what they look like in nifskope to see what it is by changing it's flag from 15 to 14.

I've managed to create some new items, but none of them appear properly. no matter what model or texture, it appear like this:

well, actually, this is a robe. if my new item is a hat, then my vanilla armour will cover up the naked.

i have no idea what is causing this. has anyone else experienced this? anyone know how to fix it?

A little more info on this, someone wrote a killable/playable children mod, and when using it to play as a child, armors don't show up. However, using the console to add a child-specific clothing item does work and the clothing does display on the character. I've tested with head, body, hands, feet and shield, but not jewelry; clothing and armor designed for an adult will not show up on a child. Weapons will show up properly (tested 1h and 2h, not bows or arrows).

I haven't been able to successfully run TESsnip to try my hand at modding, but I'm gonna give it another go. I tried the Oblivion version and it crashed (unhandled exception) and I tried the FOMM version and it hung on opening Skyrim.esm.