Console command to marry any NPC

J_R

Other tricks for people wanting to do this -

To change clothing with console -

additem <item ID> <quantity>

Item ID's here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Items

Then,

equipitem <item ID>

If you want to know what your NPC has on them, or if you like a certain clothing item that another NPC has and want it for your significant other -

showinventory

It's in this way that Olfina is now wearing that snow leopard forsworn modded armor to boot :)

Edited by J_R

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm mistaken there are only a select few who can follow you, being the marriable followers like Lydia. For all others, whether they be the ones on the official 'list' or ones you get via this workaround, they all receive the same spouse benefits (feel free to look them up as I'd rather not spoil them here).

So basically if you want your husband/wife to follow you you have to marry someone who's already a hireable follower. Otherwise the spouse stays at whatever home you choose. The point is that you can keep followers like Lydia but also choose anyone in Skirim to be your house-wife/house-husband if you so choose it. More freedom is nice.

And for the record any NPC you choose will have the marriage dialogue and all that - tested it all and it works fine.

I tried using the commands with Brynjolf with no luck :( I imagine it doesn't work for Karliah either huh? Think anyone will find a way around it?

Yeah doesn't work for Karliah or some major characters. But yes I'm sure someone will make a mod around it at some point. :)