Unable to select "Data Files" option in launcher

dreadbayne

If you're using the mod manager, then you will never, ever have a need for the Skyrim Launcher data files field...

• 3 weeks later...
Locate the file C:\Users\{your user name}\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini. Open it and search for the [Launcher] section. Add this line: "bEnableFileSelection=1" (without quotes)

Courtesy of "Volek" from his Readme for his mod "Longer Sprinting". I dont know if he was the one who actually found it but I have copied the text from his Readme so i credit him.

• 5 weeks later...
Ok, I already have the benablefileselect=1 in my prefs, and I still cant select the data files. But I am thinking, that some of the problem might be with my launcher, is says install, even though I have already installed the game. I cant play the game using my launcher anymore, but I can use the normal skyrim application. I dont know if that might contribute to the problem. Thanks.

Update.esm load regardless of if it's selected in the NMM. Since it's not an actual mod, if you don't have any other .esm's or .esp's, then Data Files will be greyed out. Properly install a mod and use NMM to activate it. You shouldn't need to use the Launcher for mod management.

• 4 weeks later...