Skyrim Crashing Upon Fast Travel?

demonic790

Can somebody please help me! I'm getting very aggravated...

After installing, "Performance and bugfix ENBSeries 092 Patch 5" (http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=953) and replacing it with my original file, I started the game and it took away my FXAA mod. So I uninstalled, deleted the files, and replaced them with my old files. Now my game crashes every single time I go to fast travel. What the hell...

Does anybody have a solution?

-Demonic

Can somebody please help me! I'm getting very aggravated...

After installing, "Performance and bugfix ENBSeries 092 Patch 5" (http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=953) and replacing it with my original file, I started the game and it took away my FXAA mod. So I uninstalled, deleted the files, and replaced them with my old files. Now my game crashes every single time I go to fast travel. What the hell...

Does anybody have a solution?

-Demonic

Im having this problem now as well.. I have no mods, so i thought it was the .ini changes I made, so i deleted all the ini's and had the game generates new ones and now even after all that the game still crashes on fast travel. It also appears to crash at random intervals just by wandering around outside.

same as i have. except that i have an other problem. walls and items tend to disappear, but still remain solid. i also have he "common" problem of items becoming bright pink.

i ctd approximately every 15 minute when not counting fast travel.

my rig should "own" skyrim.

(got a ATI radeon hd 5870 graphics card, 4 gb ram and amd atlon X4 635 2,9 ghz processor. 32 bit windows 7. all overclocked)

i think i know one possible thing.

it might be a problem with the graphics card. mostly since i only run at around 40-50 fps (without Vsync) at high settings (with FXAA on). i got all my drivers updated, so i think that Skyrim, and the ati radeon hd 58XX series conflict :wallbash:

if anyone got a fix, please post it.

If some of your textures are bright pink then you DL'd it from steam and some of the files were corrupted. Verify your cache with steam and it should fix it.

As far as these ini problems....

Go to your save games folder and remove EVERYTHING in there to a temporary folder on your desktop. Start a new game and save. A new vanilla ini file will have been created in your save games folder. Find the save games you want from your temp folder and place them back in your save games folder.

This should fix the problem.

If it does not, then something you changed affected your actual save game and the save is corrupted. But those things are very rare.

*edit

After doing the above, to see if it is a corrupted save game, fast travel with your new save and see if it works.

• 3 months later...

If some of your textures are bright pink then you DL'd it from steam and some of the files were corrupted. Verify your cache with steam and it should fix it.

As far as these ini problems....

Go to your save games folder and remove EVERYTHING in there to a temporary folder on your desktop. Start a new game and save. A new vanilla ini file will have been created in your save games folder. Find the save games you want from your temp folder and place them back in your save games folder.

This should fix the problem.

If it does not, then something you changed affected your actual save game and the save is corrupted. But those things are very rare.

*edit

After doing the above, to see if it is a corrupted save game, fast travel with your new save and see if it works.

Dude,

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I thought I would never get to play my save file again.

<3

It worked after removing my save files, starting up a new game up till race menu.

Then I dragged my files back in like you said, loaded up the problem save. Fast travelled and voila, magic!

:) thank you

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did what PowderdToastMan said, but it still crashing, but i can fast travell with the new save,what can i do?

do you have mods that you removed?

I had the same issue, new game working good and "old" one CTD on fast travels. I followed PowderToastMan instructions, but I discovered that my issue was the corrupted save file. Since it was an autosave, I then loaded the last quicksave I had made and BINGO! The issue was within the autosave, probably the game did a mistake or two in the creation of the file. Try to load a previous save, it should work!