Skyrim Crashing Upon Fast Travel?

demonic790

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

See, I'm having this exact same problem. Everything was working perfectly, not a single crash. I decided to try out some new ini settings to gain FPS -- nothing dangerous, just reducing LOD distances. Everything worked flawlessly, but I then wanted to return to my original ini settings. Closed game down, reverted to old ini settings and started a new game... game loads up fine, but every time I fast travel, it doesn't matter where, I get instant CTD, also some buildings, as I approach them, they disappear. It's not a corrupted save file because I'm loading new game. I've refreshed my inis to default and still nothing. It's like something has hooked itself into my game and I can't figure out what. Papyrus logs aren't helping at all.

• 3 months later...

Hello! i have another problem

my game is modded i got a lot of mods and everytime i start a new game my game crashes

if i dont start a new game and just play my last saved game i play for like 5 minutes and it crashes same thing happends when i fast travel

is there any way to know which mod is making trouble in my game?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll load a game, and it will work, no troubleshooting or mod errors or issues, cleaned orphan scripts/scripts and everything. Alright, so I'll be at my home mod, Pale Marsh Manor, I'll leave manually instead of fast traveling. Things are still fine.

My Issues

1.) I'll go to Dawnstar manually instead of travel, works fine. I'll get halfway there, and.. you guessed it, I crashed. No warning, just crash.

2.) I'll try to fast travel to each capital, the loading screen was fine, and then I crashed.

More problems below..

Some Acknowledgements

1.) It cannot be my re-textures for each capital. I have disabled them, loaded the game, and my Skyrim still crashed.

2.) I've used TES5EDIT, LOOT, Script Cleaner and everything is clean. There are no corrupted meshes in my Nexus Mod Manager plugins.

3.) Like said before, my saves/loads are clean, so my mods cannot be affecting Skyrim.

4.) There was some meshes corrupted with landscaping near Falkreath and Riverwood, looked something like carpet? Could it be corrupted meshes? Not sure, but it was never there.

5.) I'll load the clean script save, and it will still crash.

6.) I try to make a new game, but it crashes immediately after the loading screen is finished loading.

7.) I've rebooted my computer, shut it down, and restart it many times.

Please Reply

I just want some advice to help this problem. I can send someone my TES5EDIT log if anyone needs visual contact. Anything helps, I'd like to play Skyrim very soon, do I have to download something else? Hopefully you can help. Ask me anything and I may have answers if I haven't included it already.

• 4 weeks later...

If some of your textures are bright pink then you DL'd it from steam and some of the files were corrupted. Verify your cache with steam and it should fix it.

As far as these ini problems....

Go to your save games folder and remove EVERYTHING in there to a temporary folder on your desktop. Start a new game and save. A new vanilla ini file will have been created in your save games folder. Find the save games you want from your temp folder and place them back in your save games folder.

This should fix the problem.

If it does not, then something you changed affected your actual save game and the save is corrupted. But those things are very rare.

*edit

After doing the above, to see if it is a corrupted save game, fast travel with your new save and see if it works.

Whenever I put my save files into a temp folder, all the saves just appear again in my save folder and I don't know what to do ?

• 2 years later...

i have a similar problem but it doesnt crash immedately when i fast travel i can load as long as i want but as soon as i try tabbing out it will crash (since it will load forever) i can walk as far as i want and it will be fine and entering areas is ok also (my save is next to the player home in the marsh and entering and exiting the house is fine as well as the nearby ruin) just wondering whats going on i do have mods but nothign that i know is unusual or would break i gues the only error i ever see is that skyUI tells me its missing map.swf every time i load my game up and thats about it ill continue to experiment but as far as i know not mtter how long i wait on a loading screen diring a fast travel it will never stop.

• 4 months later...

Here is a solve that worked for me, should work for almost everyone having this problem.

firstly, Detect the problem. in my case i had to do it the hard way. found it out to be the save file. how did i do it? disabled everything. every mod (installed by nmm and manually) and enb files. used loot, wrye bash tes5edit etc. Nothing seemed to work. that leaves only the save games. so the main culprit was the save games.

secondly look for a solution and apply it. in my case, i downloaded save game cleaner from skyrim (again, learned the hard way). used it. it worked like a freakin charm

BOOM! u just solved the problem with flying colors.

• 2 years later...

Dude, u are insane. I tried and Works. Thanks brow, i apreciate.

same as i have. except that i have an other problem. walls and items tend to disappear, but still remain solid. i also have he "common" problem of items becoming bright pink.
i ctd approximately every 15 minute when not counting fast travel.

my rig should "own" skyrim.
(got a ATI radeon hd 5870 graphics card, 4 gb ram and amd atlon X4 635 2,9 ghz processor. 32 bit windows 7. all overclocked)

i think i know one possible thing.
it might be a problem with the graphics card. mostly since i only run at around 40-50 fps (without Vsync) at high settings (with FXAA on). i got all my drivers updated, so i think that Skyrim, and the ati radeon hd 58XX series conflict http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wallbash.gif

if anyone got a fix, please post it.