Can't open up the Nexus mod manager for Skyrim

Scatterbrain94

I'm new to modding, so I decided to download the Nexus Mod Manager to help me improve Skyrim. Once it was installed and ready to go I opened it and chose Skyrim. But the manager won't open up, and I will only get an error message. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same trouble and could help. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong board to post this on.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same issues, even when I ran the program as admin. I think what's happening is that the devs of the software made the program look for the folder, but not create it if it didn't exist. So, to fix it, you need to make the folder it's specifying - in this case, Install Info. There's a few more folders that it'll throw errors for as well. You just have to start it up and create the folders that it fails on each time until it starts up successfully.

i'm having the same problem, but how do i go about creating the missing file and where do i put it....simple stuff i'm sure but i've got no idea how to do it

my computer can't even find c:\skyrim\games

am i being stupid or i'm i just daft? :D

Edited by dilts

I had the same issues, even when I ran the program as admin. I think what's happening is that the devs of the software made the program look for the folder, but not create it if it didn't exist. So, to fix it, you need to make the folder it's specifying - in this case, Install Info. There's a few more folders that it'll throw errors for as well. You just have to start it up and create the folders that it fails on each time until it starts up successfully.

It worked! Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem, but when my error message comes up it only shows about 1mm of the text, I can't even tell what it's referring to (picture attached) , can anyone shed some light on this?

I have the same problem, but when my error message comes up it only shows about 1mm of the text, I can't even tell what it's referring to (picture attached) , can anyone shed some light on this?

I had the same problem, try uninstaling the NMM and reinstaling it in your documents folder.

Fixed it for me.

Edited by ddsds

• 2 weeks later...