Guys who play girl characters

theonecrisco

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a closet transgendered person that would love nothing more than to be a hot fantasy-type woman with a set of really huge....swords. There, is that the answer these topics are always fishing for?

For a serious answer, I play both. It depends on the goal I am setting at character creation. I do tend to select female more often and I think it is because they tend to have more effort put into the models and clothing than males. This Doesn't seem to be the case in Skyrim, but it's demonstrably true in quite a few other games.

What I would like to know is, why does this always show up in gaming forums? I am not intending to troll the OP, or accuse him of trolling, but does it really matter WHAT people play? You never hear anyone making snide (or otherwise) comments about people - male or female players - playing races other than human.

I play what I find attractive. Simple as that.

I play as both. My rationalization is that I could either stare at a female character's butt or a male's.

However, this isn't always the case. For example, my nord warrior is a male, it just makes more RP sense. My next stealthy assassin character will be female.

Edited by borge12

Well I can't speak for everyone but for me it was in Oblivion mostly the mods. I can't count how often I thought "Wow, that armor looks awesome I wonder how it looks on my male avatar" only to see that it is using the standard leather armor set look or something comparable for males. The same with the general look, most of the time the male characters just looked not half as good as the female ones. How many different body replacers have there been for females and how many for males? And very often the custom races had the same problem, that (at least in my opinion) the females seemed to have received much more love and care from the makers then the males.

So in short, because I prefere to have unique looking armor, chars etc. instead of a cheap knockoff or the reused standard armor. At the moment I am playing a male but perhaps I will switch over towards female again, depends on the trend.

I play whichever suits the character. My first character was a male imperial warrior, purely because heavy armor imho looks better on males. Now, I'm playing a female nord thief/assassin because when I think of a thief character such as the one I'm playing as, I always think of Catherine Zeta-Jones in that one movie with Sean Connery. (Ok ok, I only remember the scene with her arse :tongue: ) Edited by Dowly