Draw Distance (uGridsToLoad)

Freemanhl2

original message, skyrim started ctding after using these tweaks, attempting to remove tweaks broke game, etc, etc...

Edit: nvm, Fixed, after some general panic and trawling around I found this post from a year ago

There was an issue in 1.2. I don't know if its fixed since.

First, for the fix, go in your Skyrim /Data folder and look for any INI files. They might be named after a mod. Mine was named after Realisitc Water Texture even if I had uninstalled it. Go figure. Delete any INI files that looks like the ones made by saveini.

Then for ugrids:

Don't use saveini. Do the setini command, then alt tab, edit your own customized ini file (which doesn't have to be the full 41KB version), change ugrids back to 5 or whatever else you want, save, alt tab, use refreshini in game, save your game. Quit and reload game and your save should work.

All working again, many thanks ecirbaf, and I will be a lot more careful if I ever mess with ini files again :biggrin:

Do have a new question though.

Using these settings I was getting great visuals, no noticeable drop in framerate and everything was going great until the ctds started 2 hours into playing...

uGridsToLoad=9

uExterior Cell Buffer=100

iPreloadSizeLimit=4294967296

Any tips on stopping the ctds?

System is OC'd GTX560ti, FX6100 (6 Core, 3.2GHz), 8GB RAM.

Edited by AIexC

original message, skyrim started ctding after using these tweaks, attempting to remove tweaks broke game, etc, etc...

Edit: nvm, Fixed, after some general panic and trawling around I found this post from a year ago

There was an issue in 1.2. I don't know if its fixed since.

First, for the fix, go in your Skyrim /Data folder and look for any INI files. They might be named after a mod. Mine was named after Realisitc Water Texture even if I had uninstalled it. Go figure. Delete any INI files that looks like the ones made by saveini.

Then for ugrids:

Don't use saveini. Do the setini command, then alt tab, edit your own customized ini file (which doesn't have to be the full 41KB version), change ugrids back to 5 or whatever else you want, save, alt tab, use refreshini in game, save your game. Quit and reload game and your save should work.

All working again, many thanks ecirbaf, and I will be a lot more careful if I ever mess with ini files again :biggrin:

Do have a new question though.

Using these settings I was getting great visuals, no noticeable drop in framerate and everything was going great until the ctds started 2 hours into playing...

uGridsToLoad=9

uExterior Cell Buffer=100

iPreloadSizeLimit=4294967296

Any tips on stopping the ctds?

System is OC'd GTX560ti, FX6100 (6 Core, 3.2GHz), 8GB RAM.

Yeah also managed to play at exactly these settings, Copy-Pase :tongue:

Though in some way I managed to play fluently for 6 hours, (including Massive Battles with +100 Active AI's)

So I really dont know how to solve the ctd-issues.

My System is

Intel i7 3770K OC'd @ 4.6 ghz with HT (so 8 log cores)

Club 3D HD7970 3GB @ Stock Speed

16GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Blue @ 2.0* Ghz*

But have you tried raising the uExterior Cell Buffer=100 a bit more?

I proved useful at uGridsToLoad=7....

• 1 month later...

EDIT : I've been using Freemanhl2's settings now, also at uGridsToLoad=9 and i haven't had any CTD's so far. And with "so far" i mean ca. 5 hrs. playtime. Even during the winter holidays i haven't had even one Crash.

Im using Superb-ENB...

I don't know what exactly causes the CTD's even if your using the right settings. I guess it depends on the Hardware your using, or possibly even your Virusscanner.

Im not getting my hopes up about finding the ultimate skyrim settings, certainly now the new DLC's are coming out.

Greetz

TDG