Skyrim Launcher Data option Grey'd Out

maddmaxx

For windows 7 idk for xp :go to "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim" you will find two files "Skyrim.ini" and "SkyrimPrefs.ini" open "SkyrimPrefs.ini" in notepad then search for [Launcher] under it write "bEnableFileSelection=1" so it will lokk like this:

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1 <-------- the line you added note must be just under launcher!

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

[blurShaderHDR]

bDoHighDynamicRange=1

[blurShader]

bUseBlurShader=0

Save

Profite :D

Edited by oudric

For windows 7 idk for xp :go to "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim" you will find two files "Skyrim.ini" and "SkyrimPrefs.ini" open "SkyrimPrefs.ini" in notepad then search for [Launcher] under it write "bEnableFileSelection=1" so it will lokk like this:

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1 <-------- the line you added note must be just under launcher!

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

[blurShaderHDR]

bDoHighDynamicRange=1

[blurShader]

bUseBlurShader=0

Save

Profite :D

sweet baby jesus!

thanks man i'll give this a shot!

I am also running Windows 7 and by Jove I think I found a solution! *I have not yet tested it though as it is 5 AM for me* There is a SkyrimPrefs.ini in both the install directory and My Documents\My Games\Skyrim. The solution I found is here: Yahoo Answers. What I did was I copied the SkyrimPrefs.ini from my install directory and pasted it in the My Documents\My Games\Skyrim directory. Allow it to be copied and replaced. Open Skyrim. Data should no longer be grayed out. If this has any unknown consequences I re-iterate that I have not tested how this may affect gameplay. Cheers and Good Night!

http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

I am also running Windows 7 and by Jove I think I found a solution! *I have not yet tested it though as it is 5 AM for me* There is a SkyrimPrefs.ini in both the install directory and My Documents\My Games\Skyrim. The solution I found is here: Yahoo Answers. What I did was I copied the SkyrimPrefs.ini from my install directory and pasted it in the My Documents\My Games\Skyrim directory. Allow it to be copied and replaced. Open Skyrim. Data should no longer be grayed out. If this has any unknown consequences I re-iterate that I have not tested how this may affect gameplay. Cheers and Good Night!

http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

I too am running windows 7, and I can tell you you have the solution partially right, what is screwing you over is the ini file in the games folder, you need to change the launcher in that file (don't replace it) to match the one in the Skyrim folder, so they should both look like this:

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

that should fix it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...