Skyrim Multiplayer Mod

kepps

I don't see this happening for one main reason. Steam.

However, ask this question again once the creation kit's been out for a couple weeks. You never know.

What does Steam matter? Not everyone bought their Skyrim from Steam.

Even if you bought your game on the disc it still uses steam no matter what because it downloads things from there and it is always linked to steam so it has the stupid steam restrictions.

First of all, its very easy to simply hack the game to play without steam i.e. bittorrent, and then download mods and patches elsewhere, second of all, i think the best step toward a completely integrated skyrim experience would be simple arenas, where you could team up by I.P. address with a friend and have 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 arena matches, it would take just a few hours to make an easy arena, and the rendering wouldnt be difficult without NPCs or complex interactions - just straight up mayhem

Got a good thread going already over at http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/482472-skynet-co-op-gameplay-theory-and-potential-structure/

The reason why it's so hard is because we need to hook every little event (Player moves, turns, changes equipment, etc). Most of the people that try something like this simply don't understand how complicated it is until they're right in the middle of it. It's not as simple as you're thinking.

Read through my thread. If you don't understand half of what's being said there or can't think of the exact processes needed to make things work, don't condemn yourself.

Best of luck if you do decide to try, just realize that the only really successful (IE, the developers didn't give up and they knew what they were getting into before they started) MP injection has been the GTA implementations.

The hard thing is, they have to sync EVERY single thing with each other. Completed quests, radiant quests, loot lists, etc, which mean each player would have to start a new game. Then they have to remake the beginning cutscene to include other players in the prisoner carriage, which takes quite abit of work animating each character to 'hop' down the carriage and move around. They would also have to remake lootlists, so the loot can be split better, houses have to be revamped, certain quests have to be rescripted ( Dustman's Cairn Companions quest ) Then how about the saving system? They could do it like terraria, where 1 person holds the 'master save', but that would mean that if that guy couldnt play, then the other 3 people couldnt play either. Also, what about dying? If each player were to respawn right where they died after combat, the dont-die-on-me feeling would totally be gone in boss fights. if the player could take down the boss with clever tactics in 1v1, 4v1 the players definitely gonna win. So you see its a lot of work actually, tecnically redoing around half the whole game?

Anyway, just imo, like Maiq says, id rather just keep all the loot and exp to myself.

The hard thing is, they have to sync EVERY single thing with each other. Completed quests, radiant quests, loot lists, etc, which mean each player would have to start a new game. Then they have to remake the beginning cutscene to include other players in the prisoner carriage, which takes quite abit of work animating each character to 'hop' down the carriage and move around. They would also have to remake lootlists, so the loot can be split better, houses have to be revamped, certain quests have to be rescripted ( Dustman's Cairn Companions quest ) Then how about the saving system? They could do it like terraria, where 1 person holds the 'master save', but that would mean that if that guy couldnt play, then the other 3 people couldnt play either. Also, what about dying? If each player were to respawn right where they died after combat, the dont-die-on-me feeling would totally be gone in boss fights. if the player could take down the boss with clever tactics in 1v1, 4v1 the players definitely gonna win. So you see its a lot of work actually, tecnically redoing around half the whole game?

Anyway, just imo, like Maiq says, id rather just keep all the loot and exp to myself.

These are trivial issues overall. I don't know why people always bring them up. Yes you're going to have issues and bugs here and there.

Even if you made your own worldspace, and when you start a new game it drops you in the middle of a blank field, you're still not going to be able to get the other player beside you. These threads also seem to pop up on a daily basis so search the other threads to find out why its not feasible.

Someone made a same computer Co-Op for Oblivion, I can't see how it can't be done the same in Skyrim. I'm sure if Bethesda makes it DLC and it 'works' properly they'd be selling it tons.