Tutorial - Adding objects in cells for Skyrim

Xylozi

If you are placing furniture on yourself as a marker, I find it easier to place your view in the middle of the monitor and it seems to place the object in the right angle.

What I mean is:

go really close to a wall, make sure you place your crosshair in the "center" of everything, you will see what I mean when you go up close to a wall.

Ah cool, that works good.

Seems it only works properly on a main floor though, trying to place objects on the top floor of the whiterun house and the objects keep going sideways. Placeatme doesn't seem to recognize the top floor as an actual floor so it places it downstairs.

edit: nm player.placeatme works perfect for top floor.. placeatme doesn't at all.

Edited by Shawkab

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go back to FOMM' date=' create a new plugin by selecting 'File' and then 'New''. You should see a plugin appear called 'New plugin'. You should also see a record within it called 'TES4'. This is what you need to change to make sure the plugin is recognised by Skyrim. Do this by copying the settings below:[/quote']

how exactly do you edit those fields? Tessnip doesn't allow me to change anything. If I double click on TES4 record then a window pops with a lot of HEX checkboxes. thats all.

ok i figured out now i have to click in the bottom-left window to edit those. And it seems you dont need that INTV record. Just 4 records will do HEDR, CNAM, MAST, DATA,

also i don't see file attached to your post

and is it ok that FNVEdit gives me like 1000 errors while loading Skyrim.esm? Because its also gives message in the end that "An Error Has Occured. Editing is disabled."

and

First you will need to find the 'Cell'group and copy it over to your plugin. Do this by opening 'Skyrim.esm' and copying (Ctrl+C) the 'Cell' group over into your plugin (click on the filename and then press Ctrl+V)

do it in Tessnip or FNVEdit?

Thanks for the tutorial, mate. It gave me the ground to start from but a bit messy and is not for people completely new to skyrim modding. After a couple hours of clicking here and there i managed to add that grindstone to my Breezehome.

Edited by roumor

Is it possible to make light sources visible with the console, and then delete them?

I'm trying to make the Windhelm house the way its supposed to be. I got it as close as possible with the console (quest was broken) but it still has old furniture, broken glass, cobwebs, and most annoyingly: extremely bright light coming from the windows (when I know for a fact its not supposed to look like that when upgraded).

This is propably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, and google just returns me to this thread.

How (detailed) do I set up the modding tools?

Especially interested in FNVedit. Get the fatal error that a registry is missing. I haven't created dummy folders, because I don't have New Vegas and therefore do not know how the folder structure is supposed to be, and what the dummy files are to be called, the exe, for instance.

This is propably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, and google just returns me to this thread.

Especially interested in FNVedit. Get the fatal error that a registry is missing. I haven't created dummy folders, because I don't have New Vegas and therefore do not know how the folder structure is supposed to be, and what the dummy files are to be called, the exe, for instance.

Just make one it tells you too..

Make a fallout folder wherever, just make sure to add that path to your registry and add your skyrim.esm to that folder and a fake fallout.exe.

First it will be a registry edit, So go to Run>Regedit.exe.. Find your Bethesda folder, Create a new Key called FalloutNV, then create a new String called Installed Path, put your installed path in there.

Run FNVEdit again, it will give you a new error, probably for an .ini, create a fake one where it is looking.

Run FNVEdit again, it will give you another error, probably for a .txt, do the same.

Should run now, first time it is buggy as hell, so let it do its thing, then restart FNVEdit.

Edited by Shawkab

Having a slight issue after editing a cell, where the game crashes to desktop when trying to exit the cell through a door. Entering the cell seems to work fine however.

Any clues as to where I should be looking to clear this?

The door record may be corrupt, check under the 'Persistant' records for the cell.

gudal, on 29 November 2011 - 05:40 AM, said:

Just make one it tells you too..

Make a fallout folder wherever, just make sure to add that path to your registry and add your skyrim.esm to that folder and a fake fallout.exe.

First it will be a registry edit, So go to Run>Regedit.exe.. Find your Bethesda folder, Create a new Key called FalloutNV, then create a new String called Installed Path, put your installed path in there.

Run FNVEdit again, it will give you a new error, probably for an .ini, create a fake one where it is looking.

Run FNVEdit again, it will give you another error, probably for a .txt, do the same.

Should run now, first time it is buggy as hell, so let it do its thing, then restart FNVEdit.

This post has been edited by Shawkab: 29 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

ive tried to download FNVEdit from your link and it asks me for fallout new vegas game directory i type in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda\Fallout New Vegas and followed your steps above and hit ok and it just flashes?