Skyrim Ending SPOILERS

mattc220

I completed Skyrim not too long ago. I liked the build up and loved the game in general, but I was so disappointed at the end. I mean seriously you kill Alduin and get a few "HAIL DRAGONBORN" but that's it, then your just back to normal. It just didn't do it for me to be honest. I just want to know what others thought. Edited by mattc220

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ending was a bit, strange.

It didn't feel that epic, or maybe it felt too epic. I can't really tell. I had a very strange feeling after I finished the MQ and I had to create a new character to start enjoying the game again.

I felt empty after the MQ, it's just that the whole world depends on YOU alone, and then you save it. The Main Quest just feels too forced on you. I hope an Expansion or DLC continues it in some way, I won't complete the MQ again.

I agree, the ending was a too uninspiring. Actually if you go back to Parthaanux's (or however you spell its name) place after the spirit of the heroes who fought with you are done cheering, you'll see a bunch of dragons flying around and they're speaking in their language, something about Alduin (probably Alduin's dead, no more mothercrapper to be afraid of, go live in peace!).

There's just no real celebration. It's like the people don't even know you just saved not just their lives, but the entire existence of your world! I really would have appreciated if mages all lined up and fired magic in the sky to create fireworks for me. I really would've liked it if the Greybeards starting singing songs about me, the heroic Dragonborn. It would really have been nice if I had the choice of becoming ruler of the entire place and finally unite all the warring groups. It would also have been awesome if the love partner I have in the game shows up and says "You're so heroic, please have my children NOW!".

Or...I could be evil after the celebration! Just imagine after killing Alduin, I decided to take over the spirit world and make the spirits my slaves. Then I use them as my own personal army, they can't say no to my orders. After going back to the friendly dragon's place and hearing them talk about Alduin and praising me, I'd say "Oh no wait just a second, I'm not done yet with my dragon slaying activities!" then start killing all of the dragons celebrating with my army of dead heroes. Then as I reach the ground below, the magicians and Greybeards singing me praises will get attacked by my spirit army, and the whole world will learn to fear me. The two clashing groups would once again work together to fight me, their fake hero, but I'll play mind games with them and tell them "If you kill the other, you'll receive great rewards and live in peace under my reign!". In the end, they both kill each other while I laugh as their children are haunted by my army of spirits! Bhwahahahh! :dance:

Agreed, not only was the final Alduin battle way too easy, it didn't even feel like it was that important.

Dragons still fly around even after Alduin dies, afterwards the dragons were all supposedly kissing my a$$, but since then Ive killed over 20 more. Its just getting annoying now.

I agree the end was lame and dull. There was no special armor or weapons as a reward, and of course even though you are the Dragonborn and saved the world from the world eater and brokered a truce between the Imperials and the Stormcloaks there is no option to become High King or Emperor. All and all the game was disappointing from the lack of depth on some of the guild faction quests to the ever repeating statements when becoming Thane in each major city. to 50% of the game npc's being voiced by a bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator.

you kill Alduin and get a few "HAIL DRAGONBORN" but that's it

that just describes nearly every aspect of the game and is at some points a real letdown. Nothing you do, whatever heroic or impressive or even impossible, just dont matter.

You could kill a dragon with a toothpick while at the same time cooking a skeever chocolate cake and all this while being burried up to your neck in Stone and people would just walk by you and say "let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll".

If thats the price to pay though for a open World game like Skyrim, I gladly pay it of course but if someone finds a solution that works....kudos!

Everyone in Skyrim is too cool to care. I've killed dragons in towns, and people act as if nothing happened. I'm on my second play through, and taking it very slow, ignoring the MQ as much as it let me. I'm having a lot more fun not worrying about Alduin.

agreed here. i'm feeling confused, wondering if i'm missing anything.

one of the greybeards does have a little something to say, but it's not much more than "good work, now go back to business as usual"

i'm just not seeing what the point was. The world doesn't really feel any less (or more) threatened than it did before. it doesn't feel like killing alduin has changed anything, or had any impact on the world.