Skyrim Ending SPOILERS

mattc220

The ending does indeed feel rushed. I didn't really think it ended when it did, and was surprised nobody had anything to say about the fact that I just saved the world from certain death and destruction! I even went to Whiterun and the Jarl had nothing to say to me. No thank you, no reward... Instead a guard told me to keep my hands to myself, and then called me a ''sneak thief'' :/ A bit anti climatic. Overall game is good but a rushed ending indeed. Edited by Grandchamp1989

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think about it, you really didn't save the world, sure, we stopped Alduin, and decided the war between the Imperials and the Stormcloaks, but there are still dragons on the loose, and Gods know what else, and back to the subject of Alduin, only, you, the Jarl of Whiterun, the blades and the Graybeards are the only ones who know about him, it's not like the common folk know some giant black hell-dragon is ploting to overtake the world, they just know Dragons have been brought back to life. To me, that's why the ending seems like a hollow victory, but then again, what are you going to do, and another thing, why does DragonRend only work on Alduin?

for people feel empty of the end should watch tactical map in office castle to see colors flags... if all blue or all red it done, still blue and red ? you must finish the game cause skyrim is a nordic country, not ? so all players did empire quest ? lol you ruin the country..

"i killed alduin it done >< naaaaaaa it done!!! they didnt say TY guy to me !!! i killed alduin !!! wtf !!! i did it !! and Jarl didnt gave me gift !!! naaaaa"

tsss....

for me its not done, i must take back all camps untill the bigtown, not done yet. slow progress...

Every other quest has very little effect on the world.

True, reading this made me think of the dark brotherhood questline...

You kill the emperor and no one cares. Even himself looks quite bored by the thing! "yeah kill me... whatev"

You just saved the world and everyone is like:

"Okay okay, you're the dragonborn, you defeated Alduin and all...who gives? Ever told you that time I took an arrow in the knee? Coz' THAT is an interesting story!"

You kill the emperor and no one cares.

Thats not all to do...

Hey, there is a new song the bards play! Of course, they play it right in front of you and never acknowledge you're the subject of it. I guess we're still in Daggerfall's "anonymous hero" world. Maybe the reason you don't get anything for finishing the MQ is that by the time you do, you can already shout-obliterate everything in the game.

• 1 month later...
You know, it didn't really even bug me that much that there was no armor, no weapon, no change in the game and how people treat you. But it just occurs to me that at the very least they could have given us an actual cutscene instead of some dialogue and a couple of dragons flying around. And the dragons never even did a legit Thu'um... I mean I was expecting to see ice and fire blowing everywhere, but no, it was a few hail to the chiefs and then right back to normal.

The one thing I would love in a DLC is the actions during the MQ and the Civil War have consequences for your PC. If you killed Parthurnax(sp), Empire/Stormcloaks/ Killed the Emperor (unless you're Master of all the Guilds). Unless it's just gonna be armor and weapons :(

I think there would be a consequence in the DLC regarding Paarthunax. Because after the main quest and he's still alive, he becomes marked as essential. Unless that's a bug.

Not at all if Bethesda keeps using their "we take every single outcome possible for anything that expands our game"-idea.

HEAVY SPOILERS!

In TES 6, they will use following TES 5 Story: Dragonborn defeatet Alduin, killed Parthurnaxx, is the Listener of the DB, is the Guildmaster of the Thiefes, is also the Archmage and the Herold of the Companions. On Top of that he managed it somehow to defeat the Stormcloaks AND the Imperials (or Ulfric got killed and Thullius got killed from the Thalmor right after, good situation for a anti-Thalmor DLC btw.). Oh, and he killed the Emperor and did rebuild the blades. Did i forgot anything? Ah, yes, also hes Thane in every City and Champion of every Daedra in the game.

Anyone wanna bet?

Edited by Cyrotek