Infinite Loading Screen

dantedemon

I had the infinite loading screen bug for the 1st time at level 5 with my 5th character. I run 157 mods with no problems, but all of a sudden I couldn't load any of my saves. Why (I still don't know)? None of my saved games would work, even though they all saved on my previous day of playing. I faced the daunting task of trying to uninstall/install a combination of those 157 mods. I googled this issue and found a utube video of a solution (sorry, I don't remember the person's name ((but I love you man)), but the vid is 0:45 sec long). You simply delete the majority of your saved games in the documents/games/skyrim/saves. THEN, load the save you want. I don't actually delete my saves, I cut them, then paste them to my backup drive for each character. It works. Must be something to do with the total size of all the combined saved games in that folder? Maybe there is a better way to do this, but this method works and will save you hours of frustration. I would like to hear more of this issue as I am at 1701 total hours in skyrim over a 3 year period and 5 characters. The incredible talent of the modding community makes Skyrim so much more of a world than it was when it released.