How do you tell how much damage bound weapons do?

Kravick

I've looked in my inventory and bound weapons don't show up there. I've looked at active effects to see if it showed up there and while it does, all it does is give a description of the spell instead of any statistics on the weapon itself. I tried doing a search for this information on these forums but didn't come up with anything related.

I'm trying to figure out if its worth investing into the Mystic Binding perk to improve bound weapon damage. I'm playing a pure mage but will be keeping up on my weapon skills (1h and archery) through the use of bound weapons. I would like to get that perk that allows bound weapons to soul trap, and since Mystic Binding is a prerequisite to that perk its something I'd have to take anyway. However, I'd like to know if bound weapons, when perked, would even be comparable to equivalent 1 handed weapons and bows enchanted with soul trap. Using the perk method I can actually save myself some weight as I won't need to carry around a dagger/sword and bow in order to soul trap. If the damage of bound weapons are not comparable at all to real weapons though, I'd simply opt just carry soul trap enchanted weapons instead.

I'm assuming the damage of bound weapons is a combination of weapon skill + skill in conjuration, but this is just speculation as I cannot seem to find any statistics on the weapon when I'm wielding it.

You can compare them from the inventory screen. Look at your weapon strength when only using one of them and compare with some other equipped weapons. Damage wise, they're about at the level of Orcish before the perk, and Elven afterward. They don't seem to get any bonuses from any increase in conjuration skill. Compared to other weapons, they can quickly be outdone by most weapons and a little smithing skill when upgrading.

About the best place they make sense is for filing soulgems without having to recharge a weapon with soultrap, weapons early on, bows in a pinch when you don't have many arrows, or against a certain group of bosses which have shouts that disarm.

You can compare them from the inventory screen. Look at your weapon strength when only using one of them and compare with some other equipped weapons. Damage wise, they're about at the level of Orcish before the perk, and Elven afterward. They don't seem to get any bonuses from any increase in conjuration skill. Compared to other weapons, they can quickly be outdone by most weapons and a little smithing skill when upgrading.

About the best place they make sense is for filing soulgems without having to recharge a weapon with soultrap, weapons early on, bows in a pinch when you don't have many arrows, or against a certain group of bosses which have shouts that disarm.

Where is this information located exactly? Honestly, I have a hard time navigating this consolized interface. I haven't actually seen any numbers relating to how much damage I do per swing other than on the weapon itself, and as I said, the bound weapon itself doesn't show up in the inventory screen. It just says you don't have anything equipped.

You don't get an actual number, but I can say when you add the perk for improved bound weapons, it is significant. My Ebony bow is Legendary status (129 damage with a +25 fire enchant) and my bound bow still does more damage than it does. Takes only 8-10 shots to kill a dragon with it.

You don't get an actual number, but I can say when you add the perk for improved bound weapons, it is significant. My Ebony bow is Legendary status (129 damage with a +25 fire enchant) and my bound bow still does more damage than it does. Takes only 8-10 shots to kill a dragon with it.

I'm just curious, but is that with or without perks in archery?

I'm just curious, but is that with or without perks in archery?

My archery skills are at 98 and my main focus as of now. Gear mods do the rest. Apparently bound bows are effected by the bow enchants on gear.

all bound weapons gain a decent bonus from the binding perk, and all bound weapons gain bonus's from the marksman/one-handed/2handed tree's, along with bonus's from the stealth tree.

im using a bound weapons/bow. my one handed weapons can pretty much one shot a town gaurd, andmy bow is two shots for gaurds (

i have no points in marksman and about 4 in onehanded. my one handed skill is at 56 and bows is at 37.

the bound bow does very nice damage and you never have to worry about arrows cuz u get 100 everytime u conjur it and it shoots daedric arrows