Forum Policies

Jopo1980

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with forum policies and rules?

• Yes, completely
    • There are some issues I´d like to change
    • No, to Hell with the rules!
  2. 2. Do the moderators have your vote of confidence?

• Yes, I trust them
    • Yes, although I did not vote for them
    • No, because I did not vote for them
    • No, for other reasons
  3. 3. Should debate about forum policies be allowed?

• Yes, it is part of free speech
    • The forum staff has the right to ban it if they like
    • No, HANG THE TRAITOROUS DISSIDENTS!

imo free speech should always apply, even in private organizations.

That being said I think the nexus moderators are extremely good with what they do.

that makes for a lot of potential mayhem

such as people being completely free to interrupt a church sermon with anti-religious opinion

free speech even in the open public isnt without problems, such as hate speech, designed to lure dimwits into the fold of dangerous organizations - for then to pose a real danger to society or single individuals

free speech is observed on the internet, and the concequences are allready felt, such as with the shooting in norway, where the shooter admittedly based himself in blogs and articles read online.

free speech is very good in a world where everyone is sensible. unfortunately, everyone is far from sensible. sad truth.

Being free to oppose different views is what changes the world. Free speech crosses the line when you have illogical hate speech and acts of violence. This is for another topic though honestly.

By the way, I do think the rules are mostly fine though I would want a few things changed.

First: These are NOT public forums. They are AVAILABLE to the public, but, they are STILL considered private forums. These are ran, supported, and administered by ONE person, and his designated staff. There is NO free speech here. Step outside the rules, and you will get a warning at best, banned at worst.

Hey! There are 2 votes in the HANG THE TRAITOROUS DISSIDENTS ! option! As always even dictatorships have their loyalists! Even Gaddafi had his loyal bodyguards around him till the end.

• 3 years later...

What is the point of a forum policy banning an IP address for whatever reason, when the perpetrator can then go and use a program to hide his IP address and get back on the Nexus site?

The point is that there is banned and then there is perma-banned. One might return after a successful appeal from being banned but I have yet to see someone return from being perma-banned and maintain their cover for any length of time. What I find drolly moot, is the concept that there is some form of democratic process within the forums.....it's a feudal autocracy and you agreed to those terms when you accepted the TOS. Vote for staff appointments?....I'm still laughing at that one.

What is the point of a forum policy banning an IP address for whatever reason, when the perpetrator can then go and use a program to hide his IP address and get back on the Nexus site?

The point is; it takes us all of 5 seconds to ban an account. It takes a banned person a lot longer to make a new account, and an IP banned person even longer. So while it's not a sure fire way to keep people off the site, it's a sure fire way of making it damn well more annoying for them than it is for us.