[LE] Renovate your House with console

Shawkab

How do you replace wall and ceiling textures, fx: to change the crap-shack in whiterun to a nice stone house such as you would find in Solitude?

You find out the texture names, extract them, place the folders in your data folder, then change them.

Thats the short version of it.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nvm i already found the practice dummies and archer targets xD I just need the marker ID so my npc can practice xD

it's so much fun playing with marker lol xD

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/images/2354056-1323483350.jpg

WOW anjinewabe, looking great right there.

How did you add those guys w/ the armor equiped in your house. do they stay equiped when you rezoned? Any hint?.

nvm i already found the practice dummies and archer targets xD I just need the marker ID so my npc can practice xD

it's so much fun playing with marker lol xD

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/images/2354056-1323483350.jpg

WOW anjinewabe, looking great right there.

How did you add those guys w/ the armor equiped in your house. do they stay equiped when you rezoned? Any hint?.

those guys are unamed npc... their name would be just "breton" "nord" etc other races). you can spawn them like any object / npc in game. they won't leave your house.

some of them are already equiped actually. and will always stay equiped.

if you want to change their def eq you have to mod the esm~

Edited by anjinewabe

Thanks for the compliments :)

A small side note, all the items that are actually collectible during normal gameplay, such as the gold bars, shield, etc, I actually had been saving this entire time haha. I had planned to just stack it in a corner somewhere, until I discovered console modding. So thanks again to everyones help / information in this thread, I wouldnt have done it without everyone else.

I am glad to return the favor the best I can, and help people. I will be gone for a few days but ill check in here when I can.

Have a good one :)

JuJoo Guppy

Has anyone figured out mannequins and/or weapon plaques yet?

The mannequins are actually easy if you don't mind dressing them with a console command. Spawn one (89a85), do <tai> to disable AI, use <openactorcontainer 1> to give them gear. The problem is that they seem to want to be placed only at certain spots - which don't include anyplace you've removed original furniture from or anything you've built, like additional rooms. If you try standing in a corner and spawning more than one mannequin you will see exactly which spots they are okay being at and will not move from. Position them elsewhere and they will freakishly walk back to those default spots. It's actually rather creepy to have that happen, bloody scared me the first time I caught it move out of the corner of my eye:)

Cool, Now that we have the Mannequin

89a85 Mannequin and Tai off,

how do you set activation? w/o using command openactorcontainer 1

Okay so I need help finding an item ID. Someone here probably knows it because its not super uncommon. I know ive placed it before, but I didnt write down the id because I thought it was in an easy to find spot, and that I would never use it. Heres a picture of the object I want:

http://i.imgur.com/0wqJi.jpg

Its that circular... thing, that is on the ceiling. I believe the Solitude house comes with them in the basement. The small black floor square is also part of that same piece. Dont tell me to search Spacer, FloCon, or any of that. Ive searched for a few hours to no avail. If anyone has the ID, id much appreciate it if they posted it here.

Does anyone else notice textures go missing when they redecorate outdoor areas?

I've added a campfire and an alchemy table to a Grotto, then the water in the nearby lake became 100% transparent and had no more color.

That is a glitch that might occour if you alt-tab during the game, did the glitch endure after a full game restart?