2480 replies to this topic

Odyseus77

Odyseus77

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Hello, guys.

@ wolverine2710: So basically your problem is that Wrye Bash does not start after making the initial backup of the settings, right?
First let me clarify a few things. If you already have all the Python dependencies, do not use the Wrye Bash 295-5 installer. This installer is only for people who start using Wrye Bash for Skyrim for the first time, or for people using the standalone version, but is now forced to use the Python version of Wrye Bash. Forced because there is no standalone version of Wrye Bash 296. That's why when I say that when installing the 295-5 version, just install the Python version, not the standalone. You should not use an uninstaller program to uninstall Wrye Bash. Because as you have seen, there are still traces of previous versions of Wrye Bash, which no uninstaller can detect, and therefore can not clean. To uninstall Wrye Bash, just delete the folder called Mopy (in the root of the Skyrim folder) and the folders called Bash Patches, Docs and INI Tweaks located inside the Data folder of Skyrim. To clean all traces of Wrye Bash configurations, you would have to also delete the file called BashSettings.dat at **/My Documents/My Games/Skyrim (Where the file Skyrim.ini is located). And you'd have to delete or rename the folder called Skyrim Mods, by default, this folder is created one level up from the folder where you have installed the game. By doing this, you completely uninstall Wrye Bash and then when you reinstall Wrye Bash, will start with fresh settings. To install the 296 version, you just have copy the folders called Mopy and Data from the SVN package into the game folder.

Reading your kilometric log (xD), I can interpret that Wrye Bash crashes when trying to draw the interface, more precisely when reading the BOSS icon. That does not necessarily mean that there is a problem with BOSS. Maybe with just deleting the file BashSettings.dat, you can solve all your problems.

@ michel92: Well, that is not really a problem with Wrye Bash or NMM. BOSS will always reorder the plugins based on the masterlist, and therefore always going to undo the changes you've done manually. If you use exception rules, BOSS will reorder the plugins the way that you like. To manage these rules automatically, I recommend you BUM (BOSS Userlist Manager). Using BUM, you can forget about managing manually the Plugins.txt file.

@ All: People using version 296 of Wrye Bash should periodically visit the page where the beta version is hosted. In the last week, the beta version was updated 3 times fixing a few minor problems.

Clic Here ==>> How to and why upgrade to Wrye Bash 296. <<<== Clic Here

Workarounds for some problems with Wrye Bash 296

How to report problems with Wrye Bash

Run the file Wrye Bash Debug.bat inside your Mopy folder (**/steamapps/common/skyrim/Mopy). That will create a file called BashBugDump.log inside the Mopy folder. Post here the content of the file BashBugDump.log.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Odyseus77, 09 May 2012 - 04:10 AM.

gentester

gentester

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts
Can someone help me please? Just did a clean install of skyrim and in the process also doing what I thought were clean installs of everything else. Have downloaded the python version of Wrye Bash (which is what I used before) - have tried all the different installers fom all the sites and tried it manually, its says it has sucessfully downloaded but then I go to start it and I get this message: Error! Unable to start Wrye Bash.
Please ensure Wrye Bash is correctly installed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:Program Files DSteamSteamAppscommonskyrimMopyMopyashash.py", line 346, in main
import bosh
File "D:Program Files DSteamSteamAppscommonskyrimMopyMopyashosh.py", line 58, in <module>
import balt
File "D:Program Files DSteamSteamAppscommonskyrimMopyMopyashalt.py", line 40, in <module>
import wx
ImportError: No module named wx

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong :(

Edit. Got it sorted eventually, persistance paid off in the end :)

Edited by gentester, 09 May 2012 - 06:10 AM.

Odyseus77

Odyseus77

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Can someone help me please? Just did a clean install of skyrim and in the process also doing what I thought were clean installs of everything else. Have downloaded the python version of Wrye Bash (which is what I used before) - have tried all the different installers fom all the sites and tried it manually, its says it has sucessfully downloaded but then I go to start it and I get this message: Error! Unable to start Wrye Bash.
Please ensure Wrye Bash is correctly installed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:Program Files DSteamSteamAppscommonskyrimMopyMopyashash.py", line 346, in main
import bosh
File "D:Program Files DSteamSteamAppscommonskyrimMopyMopyashosh.py", line 58, in <module>
import balt
File "D:Program Files DSteamSteamAppscommonskyrimMopyMopyashalt.py", line 40, in <module>
import wx
ImportError: No module named wx

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong :(

Edit. Got it sorted eventually, persistance paid off in the end :)

Can you specify what did you do to solve your problem? Because, you know, it may help someone who runs into the same problem.

That error basically happens when wxPython was not installed correctly. Or when you installed your game inside C:/Program Files/, which prevents wxPython to work properly. Thus, wxPython needs to run with administrator privileges.

wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,560 posts
@Odyseus. Very much obliged for the information. As I read here that the Bethsoft forums were also a good resource for information I cross posted my problem there as well and got an answer their sooner (timezone related no doubt). Basically got the same answers and got 296 working again. Have to say that your explanation about where to find the specific files was more elaborate. They also mentioned UAC problems (and a workaround) and running debug.bat file as adminstrator. Because of you I now know how to install 296 without having to use the installer!! If I understand correctly I just have to put the the Mopy and Dta folder in my Skyrim directory, correct?

Have two questions left.
First, on the Wrye bash page on the nexus page apart from an installer there is also an upddate called 'Game definitions'. Is this file also included in the SVN version as in I don't have to use it?
Second, what do you mean with 'reading the BOSS icon'. Interesting enough if memory serves a few days before WB296 stopped working I think I saw the BOSS icon no longer present at the bottom of WB. Could this be correlated to the fact I updated from Boss 2.0 to Boss 2.01 by any change.

For completeness sake I will mention here what I poste there also and how I did to get it working again and I quote "Used the WB uninstaller. Last time I used revo uninstaller to uninstall but it didn't remove everyting. Not that the uninstaller does remove everything. Removed every trace of WB using a file search program (search everything, lightning fast BTW) including the files in the SKyrim gamedir. Don't exactly know all locations (forgot to write it down, nog good I know) but their was also a wrye bash file somewhere which did hold the settings. Thats why when installing 295 after 296 it remembered I had used 295 in the past. I installed WB 295, selected Python version and Skyrim support. Did NOT start WB 295. Installed the game definitions file. Did NOT start WB 295. Extracted the SVN gnu tarball to the data dir in skyrim. Started WB296 with the debug (read somewhere its better) AND it started. Created bashed patch. Quit. Ran Skyrim using SKSE. Quit Skyrim. Afterwards started WB (not the debug version) and it started correctly.

Again thanks for you help so I can create bashed patches again (think I stick around in this thread). Thats for me its main use since I use NMM for program installs. Found out that WB shows for every same game what mods you were using at that point (haven't figured out the colours yet and what it exactly means but I can make an educated guess). LIFEVSAVER for debugging. Also easy acces to the screenshots is nice. Are their perhaps a few other parts of WB which can be interesting, very good, essential for usage in combination with Skyrim. Just let me know."

Think I stick around in this as WELL forum. VERY usefull information. Also as mentioned in the quote what parts of WB could be usefull/essential for me also?

Edited by wolverine2710, 09 May 2012 - 09:35 AM.

AlexScorpion

AlexScorpion

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
nvm :)

Edited by AlexScorpion, 09 May 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Odyseus77

Odyseus77

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Hey, wolverine2710. I'm glad you solved your problem. And there is no problem that you've posted in both forums. No competition here. Besides, that post on the Bethesda forums is the official thread of Wrye Bash and I read it constantly. Several developers of Wrye Bash pass by. I do not participate there because I hate how Bethesda closes the threads every eight pages (every eight pages, the current topic is closed and a new one is created). It is impossible to follow a thread like that.

I did not mention UAC for two reasons. Prior to answer to you, I read the Bethesda forums and I saw that alt3rn1ty had already mentioned that. And, as you had said you already had running Wrye Bash 295-5, I thought that you had already taken action on the matter with respect to permissions inside Program Files.

Now back to your questions.

-If you already have Python and all its components installed, all you need is the SVN package (Only the Mopy and Data folders). No need for the game definitions or anything else.
-What I meant by /when reading the BOSS icon/ was that Wrye Bash crashed when trying to create the BOSS icon in the Wrye Bash interface (That icon you see when you run BOSS from Wrye Bash). How do I know that? Because your log is telling me that. In line number 18046 of the file called basher (**/Skyrim/Mopy/bash) you can read the following:

18044		App_BOSS(
18045		(bosh.dirs['boss'].join(u'BOSS.exe')),
18046		imageList(u'boss%s.png'), ;boss.png is located at **/Skyrym/Mopy/bash/images
18047		_(u"Launch BOSS"),
18048		uid=u'BOSS'))

But as I have said before, that does not necessarily mean that there is a problem with BOSS or that image.

With regard to the usefulness of Wrye Bash. What I can say, I love the logic behind this program!!! I particularly love the Installers tab. With just one click I can uninstall all my mods and leave Skyrim in vanilla state. I can also do the inverse, with just one click I can install all my mods and let Skyrim fully modded. Above all I love being able to see each and every single file that can conflict with each mod. The command called Anneal is a marvel fallen from the sky!! It's complicated at first, but its operation is entirely logical. You have to use it to know what I mean. By the way, reading the file Wrye Bash.html (inside the Mopy folder) you can learn absolutely all functions of Wrye Bash. I mention this because you are inquiring about the colors of the saves.

With regard to other functions of Wrye Bash, well, Wrye Bash for Skyrim is rather limited right now. In Oblivion you can perform thousands of other things with Wrye Bash (debloat of savegames, dozens of tags that can be applied to plugins, dozens of tweaks you can chose when creating the bashed patch, which otherwise would have to be applied using plugins, etc).

I better stop here. It has awakened in me a need to kill dragons with hundreds of spells that I just installed. LOL

@ AlexScorpion: :pinch:

Edited by Odyseus77, 09 May 2012 - 03:31 PM.

alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Mere Morsel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

I hate how Bethesda closes the threads every eight pages (every eight pages, the current topic is closed and a new one is created). It is impossible to follow a thread like that.

:) Yes its a pain in the proverbial.
I keep popping in waiting for the 200 posts moment where I can link the next topic created before the old one closes .. If you miss the boat you cannot add another post or edit a close one to the end to link the next, so the flow gets dis-jointed. You also get a mild rebuke if you get bored waiting for the moment and ask someone to close it a few posts early .. so currently I am drumming my fingers waiting to pounce and get the last "New Thread" link in before a moderator closes the door.

Edit: PS, you were right in your suspicions about Python, it can be problematic if people have tried in frustration different methods of installing all the component parts - Without un-installing the previous setup they can end up with a mess of in-compatibles.
Best way is to do a complete un-install of Python parts .. But using the windows Control Panel ( Add Remove Programs (Win XP), Programs and Features (Win Vista and 7 )) - screenshot
Then start from scratch 295.5 installer / svn etc.

Sometimes the 295.5 installer can confuse people too, when it is downloading and then installing the four component parts of Python, one or two of the python install windows can appear behind the installer window - The only clue there being a flashing windows task bar tab which can easily be missed.

Edited by alt3rn1ty, 09 May 2012 - 07:56 PM.

michel92

michel92

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
@Odyseus77

Oh, of course xD I could just make the last thing I do when installing mods is run boss xD Thanks anyway

Odyseus77

Odyseus77

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Hey, alt3rn1ty. I really admire your patience. If I were you, I would have sent them to $%&/$%&. LOL I mean, come on, the forums have been around for over a decade. There are better solutions to achieve whatever they want to achieve.

About what you said about Python. You say that people use different methods to solve their problems. Well, for me there is only one method, logic. If I install a program, and then I install components for that program is more than logical that when it comes to uninstall, I'm going to uninstall the components first and then the program. We are obliged to use logic, because if we let Windows use its own logic, we're fried!!! LOL

I installed Wrye Bash for the first time in March 2011 if I remember correctly. Since then, I never touched Python again. As I do not trust web installers of any kind (because my connection sucks...and web installers also sucks), I remember that problem about the Wrye Bash installer (installer windows in the background, flashing taskbar icons). So , just in case, I decided to cancel the installation, uninstall everything up to that point had been installed, clean the registry and then install Python and their components one by one. I think the simplest solution would be to force the minimization of the main installation window of Wrye Bash while installing Python components. But I do not know if that is achievable with Nullsoft installers.

PS: I'll borrow your image about uninstalling Python and its components. You are good at creating pictorial guides. Thanks for your Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide!!

NottingHillbillie

NottingHillbillie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
I have a problem with the latest version (296), installed following the instructions from the STEP wiki page http://wiki.step-pro...Guide:Wrye_Bash But Wrye Bash wont launch for me, i tried to run the debug, but to no effect, launching the Wrye Bash Launcher i get no effect at all, no process is stared nothing. Please help me :S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.009 seconds