Frost Atronach vs Storm Atronach

someonenoone11

With some experimentation, I have confirmed frost atronachs have about 1/3 more hp than storm atronachs

They are also melee which makes them better tanks.

I also have confirmed that storm atronachs deal more damage than frost atronachs. Storm atronachs hit me for about 60 damage, while Frost atronachs hit me for about 35 damage. I also believe storm atronachs hit faster than frost atronachs, making them deal much more damage, but then again, storm atronachs usually stay back and use their ranged attack,which is a pea shooter.

So my question is which is better? Storm Atronachs or Frost Atronachs.

Some additional questsion are:

Are these damages noticeable? I'm usually the one that is killing everything by spamming destruction spells, so if damage dealt by atronachs are negligible, it would be better to just go for the better tank.

I know atronachs kill everything in lower levels, but I'm asking if their damage is noticeable in the higher levels, like 50+

I thought about having one Frost and one Storm Atronach but I think the chain lightning/purple explosion thing would kill the Frost Atronach, then again I can always conjure another Frost Atronach. Any thoughts on this as well?

Edited by someonenoone11

With some experimentation, I have confirmed frost atronachs have about 1/3 more hp than storm atronachs

They are also melee which makes them better tanks.

So the only thing left is DPS. Here are my two questions:

1. How much more damage do storm atronachs dish out compared to frost atronachs?

2. Are these damages noticeable? I'm usually the one that is killing everything by spamming destruction spells, so if damage dealt by atronachs are negligible, it would be better to just go for the better tank.

I know atronachs kill everything in lower levels, but I'm asking if their damage is noticeable in the higher levels, like 50+

Storm Atronach's range attack is only useful against dragons because they fly most of the time, but once you get dragonrend they never fly. The range attack is actually chain lightning, but it feels like a pea shooter, and because the storm atronachs use their range attack by default, you have to dance around them to get them to start tanking. Any thoughts on this?

I thought about having one Frost and one Storm Atronach but I think the chain lightning/purple explosion thing would kill the Frost Atronach, then again I can always conjure another Frost Atronach. Any thoughts on this as well?

If you really want something to kill... grab a demora lord, its nor perm, but it deffintly out DPS all the atronachs thanks to that dadreic greatsword with a burn enchantment, plus you get to hear all sorts of comments that will make your day as you watch him beheading your enemies "i honor my lord by destroying you!" always makes my day :laugh:

Back to main topic, storm atronachs are overall weaker than frost atronachs, frost has a much higher damage, nearly on par with demora lord [at higher levels] if only demora lords didnt burn enemies :rolleyes: however frost atrnoachs can only do close range attacks so its deffintly not a good ideal when faced with a lot of mages and archers as no matter how well a meat shield it is, it aint gonna be able to distract the enemy while your trying to cast spells, whereas storm atronachs can do both, like i said before, frosts are close range meat shields, whereas storms are the in-between of a frost and fire atronach, [long range, short range and defense] so they are are meatshields for long range attacks as they will distract the enemy to target them, though like i said above, you might want to try using demora lords, i swear, this guys are so OP i dont even know why they were placed in the game

If you really want something to kill... grab a demora lord, its nor perm, but it deffintly out DPS all the atronachs thanks to that dadreic greatsword with a burn enchantment, plus you get to hear all sorts of comments that will make your day as you watch him beheading your enemies "i honor my lord by destroying you!" always makes my day :laugh:

Back to main topic, storm atronachs are overall weaker than frost atronachs, frost has a much higher damage, nearly on par with demora lord [at higher levels] if only demora lords didnt burn enemies :rolleyes: however frost atrnoachs can only do close range attacks so its deffintly not a good ideal when faced with a lot of mages and archers as no matter how well a meat shield it is, it aint gonna be able to distract the enemy while your trying to cast spells, whereas storm atronachs can do both, like i said before, frosts are close range meat shields, whereas storms are the in-between of a frost and fire atronach, [long range, short range and defense] so they are are meatshields for long range attacks as they will distract the enemy to target them, though like i said above, you might want to try using demora lords, i swear, this guys are so OP i dont even know why they were placed in the game

I like to enhance my bethseda soft games by roleplaying XD. In this case i'm an elemental sorceress. I was gonna stick with only one element but because of elemental immunes, I have to pick two, which is frost and storm.

My storm atronachs never draw fire from archers and mages, ever. I must be doing something wrong here. Even if I am behind my storm atronachs, the archers and mages chase me. The only time any enemy changes targets is when they are right next to my atronachs (both ranged and melee) and have been beaten by them for about 3 seconds. What is your trick to getting storm atronachs to draw fire from ranged? The only time I saw mages and archers target my atronachs before targeting me is when they saw my atronach first.

If I wanted to be the most efficient killing machine, yes, I would use dremora lords. In addition to dremora lords, I will have 4 enchanted gear with 25% mana reduction in conjuration and alteration. Then I will spam paralyze and one shot everything with a bound bow while the dremora lords kill and tank everything thats not paralyzed, but, wheres the fun in that? Other than the feeling of being the end of the world that is XD.

Edited by someonenoone11

Try playing on master lol, demora lords can only get you that far at higher levels, they get ripped apart by ancient dragons. on a side note, run far away from your atronach and dont hit enemies for a few secs, since enemies tend to attack the closest character doing the most damage, they will target your atronach, then hit them with a big spell, make it painful. if you want to focous on lighting, do what i do. let the atronach draw fire, then charge up lighting storm and obliterate a single enemy with focous fire, seeing how lighting storm is a continuous beam of lighting that [if you edited your hit distances, which sadly i didnt] has an infinite range, it basically destroys any enemy at any range, when your summon is down stop the storm and resummon another atronach, or you are gonna get owned pretty quickly as a mage, note, its best if you have decreases in destruction costs while doing this as lighting storm takes a lot of mana, also dont Argo the whole group with lighting storm, or you will defeat the purpose of summoning a meatshield, focus on a single target and you did be fine [only applies to master though, any other difficulty you could argo the whole group and still come out nearly unharmed]

Try playing on master lol, demora lords can only get you that far at higher levels, they get ripped apart by ancient dragons

Hm.. Melee summon getting ripped apart by flying dragon. WHAT?!

You summon 2, you then spam-stunlock the dragon with fireballs, you then summon 2 new ones. Easiest fight I've had!

Eh, I dislike the astronach. Damn things block the doorway more than my compation >.<

You summon 2, you then spam-stunlock the dragon with fireballs, you then summon 2 new ones. Easiest fight I've had!

Eh, I dislike the astronach. Damn things block the doorway more than my compation >.<

I totally know what you mean. I had to resummon my atronachs everytime I enter a building to get them out of the fcking doorway.

If ddwmk2002 is right about Frost Atronachs doing more damage late game than Storm Atronachs, then I am definately gonna go Frost Atronachs. I might be able to pull off a pure frost magic only mage if the Frost Atronachs can kill the Frost Immunes while I perma stagger them with Ice Storm.

Try playing on master lol, demora lords can only get you that far at higher levels, they get ripped apart by ancient dragons

When you start seeing ancient dragons... thats when dadrea lords get pwned... i play as a combat mage, with swords, bows and magic and sneak too, i had one time i met this ancient dragon which wouldnt stop doing kill animations on my dadrea lords until i ran out of mana, died in the end.. only way i could kill it was stagger spam which i normally dont do since it makes the game wayyyyy too easy and that was after like 3 or 4 reloads, i think i killed at least 50 dadrea lords in my total reloads haha. normally i use spells only when its flying, when its on the ground i bound two weapons, or use my enchanted dadreic weapons [not often as i find them rather OP, besides bound weapons look cooler] and just hack away ; p throw in a summon or two depending on which char i playing, my first had max out conju, my current 2nd is still working on it as it is kinda spread out on a lot of skills

Start seing? I've seen more than a few.

Souble dadrea lord plus locking him down for a few moments does its share of work. I don't find it OP, since your mana lasts for what, 16 fireballs? That is 10% damage and about 40 second stunlock. Giving the dremoras time to faceroll over said dragon.

When I play a mage though, I only use the mage skills. Which include Enchanting and my money-maker Alchemy. So I am well rounded for locking down the dragon and using my summons and companion to take it down, instead of relying on a mix between sneak, swords and magic. Which is more overall gameplay.