So the basic idea is to give the player control over a small unit of soldiers from either side of the civil war going on in Skyrim. (Btw, I did install many mods in oblivion, so at least i have some knowledge about what is at least possible to create as a mod). You will act as the commander, captain, or whatever leader title you find appropriate, in this little unit, and campaign against the enemy. The campaign starts with you getting something like a handful of soldiers and a bunch of tents, after that you follow whatever orders your courier brings you from your general in command. The gameplay is more focused on your skill at managing your garrison or camp that you set out, and planning an attack, rather then just roaming around with a bunch of imperials chopping up bandits for you. The time you spend on building up and defending your camp should at least be ten times the time you spend mindless killing. And from here on i just make this a list instead of writing it all out for you.
List of gameplay possibilities:
- Stationing and setting up a camp, much like this you find in vanilla Skyrim, only that you are the boss.
- You receive founds from the empire which you need to buy supplies for your troops, hire new troops, pay off villagers for information etc.
- Ability to enhance your camp or garrison with training equipment, smiths, or barricades.
- Hire misc troops like scouts, smiths, assassins, war dogs and so on
- Giving rather complex orders to your soldier, the more the better, something like patrolling, roaming the area, basically setting up their everyday patterns.
- Enemy camps are primary targets, you must first find them, then you can plan and prepare your men for fighting.
- Somewhat complex and realistic system for your troops moral, they need food and good sleep and too much hard fighting will decrease moral.
- Realistically enough, couriers bring all your orders and information from your superiors, you may off course request things from them, more soldiers, more founds and so on.
- Once your scouts have found an enemy camp, it will be marked temporarily on your map.
- Your troops have skill and level which increases if they fight, spar or practice on training equipment.
- Your unit may grow in size, and once you are big enough, maybe you get orders to clear out and garrison a fort and do your operations from there.
Well that's basically all i can squeeze out, if there is something you don't understand, just ask. If you like my idea, thanks! Please comment if you have anything to add, and if you are a modder and like this, take it! I just want to see it done really, and I would be super-exited if someone decided to make a mod out of this concept. Thank you for reading!