Better Wife Mod.

Cleverbot

I think this is a very good idea, especially the clothing change. I hate seeing my wife wearing some ratty old clothes when i have emperor robes and noble robes she could wear making her look much better. She does seem to have a rather boring life, either cooking or just sitting there in a chair, more interactions would be great, and since like all games there will be a sex mod, this mod could have multiple versions, like a PG-13 version and a R rated version. Can't wait for the creation kit to see what can actually be done with it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, I know right? it's a bit silly, they're like... a robot. I honestly couldn't make myself marry any NPC, it just felt evil, like stealing their soul. Because it does! they just... stop being who they once were as soon as you marry them, like making them into a zombie. I genuinely was freaked out by it.

One (glaringly obvious) suggestion I would make though would be gay/lesbian marriage. The fact that this didn't feature at launch irked me a bit. Why this should feature is pretty obvious: whatever be your reason for wanting to do so, you should have same sex marriage as an option, in game and real life. People are all people and love's the same regardless of what gender the two parties are. And furthermore a lot of people I'm sure carry their real-life prefferences into the game subconsciously, I for one may play as a female character, but that's mostly for aesthetics and story reasons, and berethor's desire to marry 'er ended up with him missing his whole head. I'd much rather have Ysolda, or Lydia, or pretty much any of Whiterun's lassies.

Edited by Vindekarr

All of the suggestions above are good. I would love a marriage mod that enables:

NPC independancy, wherein the spouse actually has a life aside from talking to my housecarl.

Sleeps on their own, and with me (in a non sexual way)

Sleeps with me in a completely sexual way.

Can produce kids, (obviously disabled for gay couples)

Can and will randomly change clothes.

Doesn't complain about Burdens unless it is what made you want to be with them iun the first place.

Kissing, Hugging and all other sorts of acts of affection should be included, like goosing, back massages, sitting on the lap, cuddling, spooning, hand holding, flashing, seducing. And mix it up so that only some of the NPC do it according to personality

Maybe make it so that they retain their job or something after the nuptuals.

Have them learn new tricks like singing, or the flute, or armorsmithng.

Any way this is one of the best mod ideas out there anywhere. :dance:

I have been shying away from marriage because I find NPCs to be annoying in nearly any level, followers particularly. If they don't get in your way when you're trying to fight or even leave the room, they're making inane comments or just generally being less than helpful, unless you manipulate them in ways that cause you to eventually lose out on XP. Near as I can tell, a spouse in Skyrim is good for cooking various food items, giving you a Well Rested bonus, and selling stuff you bring back from dungeons and whatever. Honestly, only that last one holds any interest for me.

If someone were to improve the Spousal system, I would very much like to check it out. Failing that, I wouldn't mind a Mercantile Partner rather than a spouse.

One (glaringly obvious) suggestion I would make though would be gay/lesbian marriage. The fact that this didn't feature at launch irked me a bit. Why this should feature is pretty obvious: whatever be your reason for wanting to do so, you should have same sex marriage as an option, in game and real life. People are all people and love's the same regardless of what gender the two parties are. And furthermore a lot of people I'm sure carry their real-life prefferences into the game subconsciously, I for one may play as a female character, but that's mostly for aesthetics and story reasons, and berethor's desire to marry 'er ended up with him missing his whole head. I'd much rather have Ysolda, or Lydia, or pretty much any of Whiterun's lassies.

I was reading another topic that got into this subject, and it was eventually shut down because of a rather ugly flamewar. I'm certainly not suggesting you not express your opinions or stick to your guns about it, just that the climate is a tad sensitive and there may be folks who knee-jerk about it a bit faster than usual.

And same-sex is just as available in my game as hetero options, so I'm not sure why your experience is different.