Better Wife Mod.

Cleverbot

I'd rather do without marriage at all if an improvement is gonna pull cycles away from everything else and make loading times drag on forever.

Hahahah that's why it's marriage, right? But I doubt loading times would change seeing as even more intensive graphic altering mods don't affect it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's not go *crazy*... this is Skyrim, not The Sims. ^_^

There's only so much the game engine can manage, and I'd rather do without marriage at all if an improvement is gonna pull cycles away from everything else and make loading times drag on forever.

Well, I cant see your point.

This mod are like all the others mods out there. They are not essential for the game, so the gamers will choose the level of depth for the mod, if use it at all.

You can always play vanilla :P

Well, I cant see your point.

This mod are like all the others mods out there. They are not essential for the game, so the gamers will choose the level of depth for the mod, if use it at all.

You can always play vanilla :P

I did actually know that. In fact I've been advocating people playing the way they want to since I came to this forum. I'm mildly insulted that you felt the need to say that.

What I meant was, a mod that is so over-complicated and bends the game engine in ways it wasn't originally intended MAY, and probably WILL, have a detrimental effect on how well it performs in the areas for which it WAS designed, and that given my choices I'd rather do without such a mod. IF things can be done simply, without loss of performance, fine. I'm simply saying that we should keep in mind that this game was intended to be for things like combat and landscapes, as opposed to simulations and high-maintenance decision trees.

I never said the idea was an unworthy one. Only that if it's going to break my game I'd rather not use it.

I think it'd be hilarious if you came home to find your spouse in bed with another person. Like a "desperate housewives" mod or something. And then you have to go on the Medieval Maury show to find out if you're really the baby daddy or not. I think it was also a custom in some places back then to stone cheating spouses to death via the town square...Could work that in somewhere, too.

The possibilities really are endless! :D

I'm sorry to hear that. How the heck could I know you got offended by some mild sarcasm.

Should I get offended of your suggestion of me like playing Sims more then Skyrim? Lets not get into silly stuff, but stay on target.

Your last listed argument are much more valid then your rambling about Sims.

But again; Lets not let creativity be hampered by what the game originally was intended to do. But lift our eyes up and look beyond, and create what ever we can, within the frame of what the game lets us.

So if there are an audience and a bunch of mod'ers to change Skyrim into Mario Cart, I will not cross sword. I will only look another way, and mind my own likings...

We can agree to disagree.

Are you guys meaning what you can do with the console or are you suggesting even more My wife is always with me, and says chit chat things randomly (comments) and did open a store, cooks for me on the road. Are you suggesting a more realistic type thing like the Sims so like the actual animations and script where it reflects the game world? Would make it quite interesting but even now it seems good enough in the game itself. Your follower is broken where she is supposed to be able to do that all anyway and the followers are stuck on whatever level you find them as. It's made the game 10 times more fun even just having them with me. Did they fix this with the patches I wouldn't know did this before the patches a bit. You guys done this already and trying to extend it? Too bad we don't have the voice actors for more dialogue hmm. Biggest thing involving this would be other NPCs asking "Whose this?" Ans you tell them your wife and such, it's kinda the worst thing that they are with you but no one even knows they are there that is what makes it unrealistic more to me.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/512/brelp.jpg

Edited by dark27

• 1 month later...

Well, let's not go *crazy*... this is Skyrim, not The Sims. ^_^

There's only so much the game engine can manage, and I'd rather do without marriage at all if an improvement is gonna pull cycles away from everything else and make loading times drag on forever.

I think the CK scripter can let NPCs do multiple things.