Better Wife Mod.

Cleverbot

This would be an awesome mod! I agree with everyone here that said they haven't gotten married yet...The whole marriage concept is...incomplete at this point and needs a complete overhaul and I would definitely download this mod (if made)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's not go *crazy*... this is Skyrim, not The Sims. ^_^

There's only so much the game engine can manage, and I'd rather do without marriage at all if an improvement is gonna pull cycles away from everything else and make loading times drag on forever.

You gotta admit tho... Sims + Skyrim x MMO funcionality = one hell of a game

That would be epic...

For the mod... I think you'd have to redo the scripting for the spouse... but would be hard, you have to know where the wife / npc is going to be in order to do the pathing / scripting for them. So a wife mod set up for Whiterun won't work in Riften.. or it would work, she'd probably just hike back to whiterun to do her pathing... This is why I think they restrict the because they can't tell where the player is going to live in advance.

I did this with Jorrvaskr Hall. I scripted the Bard to be a potential companion and follower. She players her music in the Hall and does her normal pathing..including shopping and just enjoying time by the tree in whiterun... i did this because I was tired of the way the spouse AI worked and how dull

Jorrvaskr Hall was. My mod isn't unique though, I think most that offer a spouse that is also a follower does a lot of this to a degree. - M.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually had a similar idea brewing in my head for a while. I have never modded before but my idea was basically this. the whole "more social wife", sex (with a special "Lovers caress exp buff that would be better then the rested buff), children, and even special family related quests ( like taking the wife on dates, teaching your child to defend themselves against bullies, hunting dear for the family dinner etc etc), and the need to check in every so often to complete these duties and not lose your family. Now my only question is the CK has been out for 7 months has anyone started this mod or something similar?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just want to toss in my own vote of support in such a mod existing. While certain things exist already, the following would be nice:

General affection dialog options: Much like UFO (Ultimate Follower Overhaul), there could be a dialog branch for various actions:

- "Hey, honey..."

- "I missed you." <hug animation>

- "I love you." <small kiss animation>

- "I adore you." <deep kiss animation>

- "I got something for you." Open gift dialog, much like it's handled for children.

More options for children/adopting. As someone playing a dunmer, I'm forcing myself to hold off on adopting, because it would break immersion to come home and see a couple nord/imperial kids running around with me and my blue-skinned wife. While the option to reproduce isn't exactly needed, it would be nice if you could encounter an elven street orphan in random major cities. Or else Honorhall would occasionally get a new child of unique race.

While not exactly feasible. Fixed dialog for certain spouse NPCs. Never do I regret marrying Brelyna Maryon as much as when I dismiss her as a follower: "You'll be alright on your own? Then I'll see you back at the college." No, woman, you won't. Been married for awhile and she still doesn't know where she lives.

Even without these changes, I've had a couple fun moments of emergent gameplay/serendipity whilst building a home at Lakeview. I brought my character's spouse along, and while I was toiling to dig up enough stone and clay, I told her to "Relax for a while..." (UFO functionality) she wandered around for a moment, checking her surroundings, and then suddenly set to using the anvil. Later on, I came home from some random running around/trading, and she mentions a funny noise in the basement. Go into basement, find a nest of skeevers. Funny little tid-bits that give the game world some life are always enjoyable.

Edited by redrew89

Hi guys. Hope you don't mind a girl joining in, but I couldn't resist. I feel the same way that you all do, except about the husbands of course. I wish that Bethesda had made the whole marriage thing alot more: romantic, interesting, fun, realistic, w/ more choices of clothing, places to live, places to go together, which you really can't do unless he or she has the follower option. I think that maybe more mods WILL be made for you guys as far as the wives go and then maybe the modders will think, "Hey I've made a female version of a spouse mod, maybe I can do a male one now too." And then we'll have what we want as well. ;)

Here's to geneous modders and you guys w/ some really good ideas. :)

Tracy