No Main Menu?

DarkLight2136

Skyrim has been working fine ever since I bought it on release day, but for some reason today whenever I start Skyrim the main menu doesn't appear, apart from the dragon-crest-thing with smoke in the background. If someone could help me with my problem I would be grateful as the lack of being able to select continue or load prevents me from playing the game.

Also could it be the patch released today? Since I only noticed after the patch had downloaded.

Edited by DarkLight2136

Steam was set to auto-update, so I think it's the patch for me. After fiddling around with some options (reducing AA/AL, etc) updating drivers, and rebooting I still have no buttons for the main menu.

-- edit

Just did a new google search with some alternative search terms, and found this:

http://skyrimforums.org/threads/main-menu-invisible-after-1-2-update.1899/

Looks like we'll need to wait for the mod to be updated.

Edited by aticris

SOLUTION:

I experienced the same problem tonight. And found the solution.

Apparently Steam must have indeed updated the game tonight (I have it set on Auto), and this in turn seems to have broken some of the mods.

Try disabling some of the mods in your DATA folder until you can pin-point which one(s) broke.. This did the trick for me.

In my case it turned out to be Val's Crafting Meltdown Alpha mod (version 1.5a with arrow crafting ~the one without arrows will still work though).

SOLUTION:

Apparently Steam must have indeed updated the game tonight (I have it set on Auto), and this in turn seems to have broken some of the mods.

Try disabling some of the mods in your DATA folder until you can pin-point which one(s) broke.. This did the trick for me.

In my case it turned out to be Val's Crafting Meltdown Alpha mod (version 1.5a with arrow crafting ~the one without arrows will still work though).

Thanks for the advice, but its still not working for me. I even tried disabling all mods

SOLUTION:

Thanks for the advice, but its still not working for me. I even tried disabling all mods

Disabeling Vals crafting mod worked for me, many thanks!!

• 2 months later...

SOLUTION:

Thanks it worked for me too!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...