Skyrim Japanese Voice Files

raeldor

Can anyone upload the 'Skyrim - Voices.bsa' and 'Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa' files from the Japanese version of Skyrim? I am a Japanese student and would love to try and replace these files in my English version with the Japanese versions to see if I can get Japanese voices with English text.

Thanks!

That'd be illegal, sorry. I'd wish learning different languages as well in this form, but none here can upload them for you as it is not allowed. Edited by Pronam

Changing the language setting in Steam will lead to all your games downloading files for that language if they're available (menu tree: steam -> settings -> interface). Not sure if it's possible to change the language setting for a single game.

The way I found out about it was when I had a problem with the store not recognizing my payment method (was trying to buy Skyrim and it actually was due to lag since a lot of people were preloading it, lol). So I tried setting the language to german instead of english thinking it may not accept my german paypal account/credit cards for some weird reason. Thought it would just change the language of Steams interface. Cue me not being able to play games for a while after aborting the multi-gigabyte language file downloads and having to re-download the entire games since they were broken now...

So as you see I'm no steam expert, maybe you should ask on their forums to confirm.

Is changing the Steam language settings confirmed to work for Skyrim? I don't want to have to back up all my games just to find out that it doesn't do anything :|

yes it does.

you switch the steam language to japanese and it will download the japanese stuff you save the "Skyrim - Voices.bsa" and "Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa" files somewhere, switch the language back to english and steam will download the english files.

switch steam to offline

copy paste the japanese bsa over the english version and you will have japanese voice with English subtitles and english UI.

Can anybody upload this 2 files?

read the second post

and the Jpn VO is really good.

even the generic guard voices sound so much better.

Lydia sounds sweeter and is no longer condescending when you ask her to trade stuff and even that irritating Talos priest in whiterun is bearable.

i don't like the VO for Eorland Graymane though, he sounds too young and the VO for some kids sucks in that they are adults using a "kid's voice" instead of a kid doing the VO