Skyrim Japanese Voice Files

raeldor

I like playing in a language I actually understand, but I'm wondering about one thing:

I've heard "this and that" is an euphemism for sex in Japan, so it would be hilarious if they translated the merchant response "Oh [i sell] a bit of this and a bit of that" directly...

I assume it might be easier to get a Japanese version of Skyrim and then replace the subtitle files rather than replace the audio files for the English version.

Also, I doubt it is illegal... since it is technically just a mod. So long as he doesn't give copies of the game out... However, even a mod that does this probably wouldn't be illegal.

You couldn't be more wrong. One strike assessed for advocating piracy, a second strike for advising to upload copyrighted content. Read the Rules and the Terms of Service if you value your account here, (and reading your other posts I get the feeling you do). -myrmaad

it would be easier to get the voice files.

since you would need all the interface files, subtitle files etc if you do it the other way around.

but i am getting a bit of a bug from it.

Esbern is still talking in English and the conversations that involves Delphine would be him talking in English and Delphine talking in japanese

Esbern seems to use another file altogether, before the first patch I even had to manually replace that file for him to actually open his door. Here are the Instructions from uesp on how to get it:

1. Download BSA unpacker, which can be found here. <- This is for Oblivion but can be used for Skyrim as well.

2. Right-Click BSAUnpacker.exe and "Run as Administrator"

3. Click "Open" and go to the location "Skyrim/Data/Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa". If a window appears saying "This BSA archive has an unknown version number. Attempt to open anyway?", click "Yes".

4. Click on "Extract all" and choose the Skyrim Data folder as the destination. Note: you'll probably want to extract them from the japanese version to a temporary folder instead if you want to set Steam to english again later.

This places Esbern's missing voice and subtitles, and he will open the door the first time you met him, and shouldn't give any more trouble from then on.

Link removed. Linking to copyrighted content is not allowed.-mm

I assume it might be easier to get a Japanese version of Skyrim and then replace the subtitle files rather than replace the audio files for the English version.

Also, I doubt it is illegal... since it is technically just a mod. So long as he doesn't give copies of the game out... However, even a mod that does this probably wouldn't be illegal.

agreed. mod will probably be 2gb+ or less.

Wrong. It would also be an Instant Ban offense. Read the Rules and the Terms of Service if you value your account here. -myrmaad

Esbern seems to use another file altogether, before the first patch I even had to manually replace that file for him to actually open his door. Here are the Instructions from uesp on how to get it:

1. Download BSA unpacker, which can be found here. <- This is for Oblivion but can be used for Skyrim as well.

2. Right-Click BSAUnpacker.exe and "Run as Administrator"

3. Click "Open" and go to the location "Skyrim/Data/Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa". If a window appears saying "This BSA archive has an unknown version number. Attempt to open anyway?", click "Yes".

4. Click on "Extract all" and choose the Skyrim Data folder as the destination. Note: you'll probably want to extract them from the japanese version to a temporary folder instead if you want to set Steam to english again later.

This places Esbern's missing voice and subtitles, and he will open the door the first time you met him, and shouldn't give any more trouble from then on.

Oh yes, that is what happened!

i forgot that i had used that file to fix that and it is now overriding the Japanese VO. :P

Thanks for the download and instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont have steam so I CANNOT UPDATE so please just <Snip> please I really really need it!

What you 'really really need' is to get a legal copy so you can update your game and use the mods that need it - and stop whining because your stolen copy doesn't do what the legal version does.

Banned for piracy :pirate:

bben46, Moderator

Guest MajinCry

Wow. The mods are really being hard-ass today, eh? I doubt any of them actually know what Piracy is.

Replacing the sound files in a game that he paid for with those from a foreign copy of the same game? WEE CAND LET YU DU DAT!

Oh lordy, I downloaded songs off youtube. And that is not the worst part! I REPLACED the music in Skyrim with the music from Dynasty Warriors 4! OH LAWDY!

OT : Yes, I'd like this mod. All that would need to be done is just upload it to Megaupload and post about it on some freewebs site (Which would be linked to, in say, a downloadable .txt file) so the moderators don't get all pissy.

What would be good, is if we have...Like, the imperial holds speak in Japanese (Foreigners, mind you), and the Stormcloak holds speak in Ol' Nordy.

Might even be possible to give npcs the Japanese/nord language files. Just a lil' edit of the file path, and we should be good to go.

Now, back to the offtopic!

OFFT: You moderators are lame. Darest I uploadest my Guitarest Rifftest replacethmentest-th?

Do the community a favor and keep it to yourself.

Buddah