Marrying a Khajiit

Kohdi

I like to play a stealthy Khajit (blame Thief: Deadly Shadows, perhaps my all time favorite game), and I was amused by the marriage options in Skyrim.

I tried the setrace console command to change Iona to Khajit. but received an error message like "no compatible form" so I changed her into a dog. A cat married to a dog? Sounds like something Sheogorath would like.

Here is my Khajit character marrying a dog. She cant open doors now, she just says she is going to follow me, or go home, but she just lays there in the Temple of Mara, barking and talking at the same time...

Well, the reason it says no compatible form, is because of a spelling error. Try Khajiit instead of Khajit. Khajiit has two i's. Anyway, as for your "his race reverts back to Nord" problem, I know of a fix (sort of). If you set their race to this: setrace khajiitracevampire then they will always stay as a khajiit vampire even after you quit your game and then reload it. However they will also always be a vampire instead of a normal Khajiit. I don't know how to keep them as a normal Khajiit or Argonian.

I like to play a stealthy Khajit (blame Thief: Deadly Shadows, perhaps my all time favorite game), and I was amused by the marriage options in Skyrim.

I tried the setrace console command to change Iona to Khajit. but received an error message like "no compatible form" so I changed her into a dog. A cat married to a dog? Sounds like something Sheogorath would like.

Here is my Khajit character marrying a dog. She cant open doors now, she just says she is going to follow me, or go home, but she just lays there in the Temple of Mara, barking and talking at the same time...

Wow just wow.

How about when the CK comes out someone just makes a whole harem of Kahjitt to marry.

• 3 weeks later...

I mentioned elsewhere and I'll mention here that the lore excuse for not having a Khajiit or Bosmer marriage option is cockamamie at best, and that's being charitable.

[ INSERT DUSKWULF'S FINE ARGUMENTS HERE ]

I'd love to see this fixed by mods, too, but... well, frankly it's a shame we won't be able to grab Andre Sogliuzzo to do some voice acting for it. :P The voices of the Khajiiti men are simply sublime.

Actually, I would like to hold out hope that Bethesda may address this themselves. I think we can all agree there's no real reason for overlooking the Khajiit and Bosmer, aside from perhaps an oversight. That being said, I expect Bethesda to release a Skyrim expansion or two, and I would not be surprised to see some of the old "horse armor" foolishness make a repeat performance. If that's the way of the thing, would I pay for a micro-expansion that would increase the number of potential spouses in the game?

Yes. Yes I would.

But what the hey...We'll see if Bethesda or the modder community produces results faster.

Edited by tomcullen1913

I don't post often on the forums, but when I do, I request something difficult to do for little to no reward.

Now that the meme is out of the way, I have a request to make for an enterprising modder, currently one who has seen the matrix-like insides of Skyrim. There are very few Khajiit in Skyrim, from what I've seen only two major caravans and the guy at the College of Winterhold, plus bandits and peddlers on the roads. Out of those very few Khajiit, only one, Kharjo, is recruitable as a follower. Luckily he's a nice guy, a good fighter, and doesn't look half as mangy as most of the Nords. The problem with Kharjo is a) if you receive a mandatory follower (like Farkas at the end of the Companions questline) he disappears back to his wandering caravan, and you could be days finding him. I met Kharjo first outside Windhelm, then in Riften, lost him in Whiterun, and found him in Dawnstar. The guy can move. And b), Kharjo and all Khajiits cannot marry the player due to the lack of dialogue options for some odd reason (before you ask I have tried the "addfac 19809 1" and "setrelationshiprank player 4" tweaks", they don't work).

My request is for someone to find a way, whether through console commands or however the few .esp's are being made, to initiate the marriage dialogue/questline for either Kharjo, or Khajiit in general, however it works out. The lack of voiced dialogue is no problem, I'm well-used to that from mods for Oblivion. If this can be done I would be open to testing whatever you can come up with, to see if it works or bugs out or whatever. The only thing I can offer as a reward is the knowledge that you rooted out and fixed some of the underlying code of the world, like some kind of eldritch demi-god with a passion for numbers. I can also supply a payment of Septims in whatever quantity you desire, valid throughout the empire.

Thank you in advance to any kind soul who undertakes this challenge, or to anyone who can offer meaningful advice.

As a biological human female playing a female Khajit I'd love to see such a mod. I've been journeying with Kharjo for a long time and grown very fond of him. Especially since he is so willing to "shoulder some of [my] burden."

~LG

• 5 months later...

I've married Kharjo before, but I had to use the Skyrim NPC Editor and change his voice to a human one. Sucks cos they lose most of their Khajiit related dialogue and accent :(

Indeed, this is the only way I know of to achieve this. You have to use the "Skyrim NPC Editor" to either modify the voice files of an existing NPC, or to else to create a brand new Khajiit NPC of your own design and give them one of the voice files which contains marriage dialogue. Make sure to add your new NPC to the marriage faction (follower faction too if you want), which can be done in the editor or in game using the console. You can even make an NPC that looks identical to your favourite one by copying their skin from the files provided in the editor.

The voice file is really the only determining factor in whether they are marriable or not. I do not know the technical reasons for this. Perhaps someone with more insight into the way the files are put together can answer this. That said, there are some nice sounding non-khajiiti/standard voice files that suit a khajiit (well, a khajiiti female at the very least).

For those wanting their own "harem" in their home with the original khajiit voice file, the easiest thing to do is to do the following:

1. create a few basic khajiit NPCs in the Editor (optionally, you can choose an alternate voice file for them, which will usually open up the marriage dialogue options for both genders, and the follower dialogue for females).
  2. At the very least, give them the AI pack "DefaultStayAtCurrentLocation". This should make them move around and interact with the environment they are placed in, including performing ambient poses such as drinking and eating. You may want to experiment with the other AI packs to make them do other things, such as sleep. (My experimentation with the ai packs is limited so I cannot currently recommend any others).
  3. Give each npc a unique name, then in game open the console and type "help <npc name>" to get their unique ids.
  4. While in your house, type "player.placeatme <id> 1" to place a single copy of that npc in your home. Make sure you do this in your house as, unless you add more AI packs to the npc, they will stay where you place them.

Do this for each unique khajiit npc you created in the editor and voila, you have yourself your own little harem of khajiit in your home! Unfortunately you won't be able to order them about with follower commands, as khajiit females (at least ones with the khajiit female voice files) cannot be made into followers either. You can at least do this with the males, and you can do this with a khajiiti female with a different voice file.

Optional: If you gave them an alternative voice file to make them marriable or recruitable as a follower, you will need to do the following in game. Note that "Actor id" is different from the base id shown by "help <npc name>" which you used to spawn them. Actor id can be obtained by clicking on the spawned npc with the console open and will show up in the middle of the screen:

•  
  • "player.setrelationshiprank <actor id> 4" and "setrelationshiprank <actor id> 4" to set their relationship status with you to the highest rank.
  • If you didn't add them to the marriage and follower factions in the editor, or if they somehow forgot which factions you put them in, you will also need select them in the console then do "addfac 5C84D 1" to add them to the potentialfollowers faction, and "addfac 19809 1" to add them to the marriage faction.

This should open up the dialogue both for followers and for potential marriage, assuming you gave them a valid voice file. Hope this helps!

• 2 years later...

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifimage001.jpg

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifimage005.jpg

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifimage008.jpg

that error message usually means you typed the race name wrong. i had the same issue when trying to turn Heimskr into a frost troll instead of a normal troll. and based on your post. i would say your problem is that its "khajiit" not Khajit"