This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

If you open someone's profile and click on "posts", you get different results than if you clicked "find content" and then "only posts".

Please do something about the forum, there are numerous bugs or functional oddities about it that makes it absolute pain in the ass to use.

Would it be possible to add a small annotation line to file requirements, only about 20-40 characters long. Could help reduce confusion if only a specific sub-file from a mod is required, or if the mod requires a minimum version of SKSE to work, being able to enter (SKSE 1.4.15 [or newer]) would be nice.

Or if a sub-file on my mod doesn't require a listed master that the main file does, being able to note that could alleviate some confusion for users. (WARF [Not required for file X])

Or being able to assign required mods on a per-file basis. This would prolly be the more complex and least useful option though.

Aside:

I've noticed that sub-admin on a page (anyone that didn't actually create the page) don't have on-page admin tools and have to take the long way around through user page to make any edits to the page. Could it be set so that everyone in the "Give editing access to other members" list has the on-page toolbox.

Edited by raulfin

Maybe a clearer path to this feedback thread so we can avoid situations like this. Also,

BTW, the better UI has been in the works for quite a while - If you read the site news you would already know this.

... was a little swat like that really necessary? If I were a new poster that would make me uncomfortable along with the insta-lock. Although I do understand the forum is heavily overloaded at this point.

The search feature might need tweaking - for instance searching for "Skyrim Redone" returns results for just about everything related to the main mod but not the mod page itself. You have to repeat the search with omitted results. Frustrating.

I had a run in with a disfunctional minion who banned me from chat for quote unquote "harassing" him. If I had to guess what sent his radar and cables into a buzz, my guess would be that, in his biased opinion (he quickly branded me a "troll" when I entered the chat room for the first time, just fyi), my reffering to him so innocently as: "Slippery finger" was a threat to his moderator-loyal-guard-to-the-nexus database status in his chrome, unfeeling brain, and he quickly, and wrongfully, banned me forever from ever using the chat. Sure, I get it, first impressions matter, and I didn't make a strong enough case for my typed out keyboard emotion text interface as being worthy enough to be electro bolted into his glowing eyes and up the plug into his broken, and quite honestly outdated, 2012 model plastic mind. The bot-boy in question is, of course, MotoxSkorpio. And as I'm sure you've gotten countless other reports aimed at the defunct hunka junk and so that maybe even he will be able to comprehend my request (without immediately setting his phazers to BAN, that is), I'll make my demands simple and to the point: I want him outta here. Send him down the chute and out of my face. I expect retribution and if I don't get it I will sue the pants off you guys.

I had a run in with a disfunctional minion who banned me from chat for quote unquote "harassing" him. If I had to guess what sent his radar and cables into a buzz, my guess would be that, in his biased opinion (he quickly branded me a "troll" when I entered the chat room for the first time, just fyi), my reffering to him so innocently as: "Slippery finger" was a threat to his moderator-loyal-guard-to-the-nexus database status in his chrome, unfeeling brain, and he quickly, and wrongfully, banned me forever from ever using the chat. Sure, I get it, first impressions matter, and I didn't make a strong enough case for my typed out keyboard emotion text interface as being worthy enough to be electro bolted into his glowing eyes and up the plug into his broken, and quite honestly outdated, 2012 model plastic mind. The bot-boy in question is, of course, MotoxSkorpio. And as I'm sure you've gotten countless other reports aimed at the defunct hunka junk and so that maybe even he will be able to comprehend my request (without immediately setting his phazers to BAN, that is), I'll make my demands simple and to the point: I want him outta here. Send him down the chute and out of my face. I expect retribution and if I don't get it I will sue the pants off you guys.

As you would know from the Terms of Service of this site, which you agreed to when you signed up to this site...(here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules ) that the correct way to report what you believe to be an unfair moderation is to contact the site owner, Dark0ne (Robin Scott) and discuss your case. The correct way is not to bring it out in an unrelated public forum and further insult the staff.

As it states in the ToS:

If you receive a warning and you do not agree with it then you may contact the moderator who issued the warning to you in a private message. Please note, however, that if you are disrespectful and/or do not resort to pointing out why, in your interpretation of the Nexus rules, the warning was not warranted then you may receive an additional warning or restrictions that may have been imposed on your account as part of the warning may be extended for wasting the staffs time. Remember: infractions are handed out on the basis of these rules, and challenging the rules themselves will lead nowhere.

As described in the previous section, the final forum for appeal is the site owner himself (Robin Scott aka Dark0ne).

You have not done yourself any favors here. Again all moderation complaints should go to Dark0ne using the CONTACT US button at the bottom of the forums. In the meanwhile it would be best not to continue this here.~Lisnpuppy

edit: Also I don't think retribution is the word you want there...perhaps restitution?

(edit: May have wanted the latter, but asked for and received the former. --TNL :armscrossed: )

Edited by Thandal
Info on follow-up by Dark0ne.

This is FONX10

i'm just amazed about this site, i loved everything, now my skyrim is the real life, but my nexus launcher crashes everytime i download any file. opens a debug file and shows a message "Nexus mod manage stopped working". I ll be much obliged if you fix that problem. nexus 0.51.0 Windows 8 x64 8gb memory intel core i7 3770.

• 2 weeks later...