This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Mathiaswagg, on 09 Sept 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

I think that would be a good idea, but not just for Premium users. It's not really about incentive - it's about supporting a fantastic site and the amazing staff that volunteer here (and those who got hired too!).

Yeah, your right. It would be better if all modders/users had access to a feature like this. A "preview" or "plans" tab would provide an easy way for them to see what things other modders in the community are already working on, which in turn might spark more ideas and possibly more collaboration within the community.

• 2 weeks later...

When I click on nexus mod links lately, I get redirected to the main nexus homepage. It says I'm not logged in, and won't let me log in, even though I'm already lopgged in. It's just this redirect page that glitches the login. If I open a bookmarked mod page, it opens with me logged. BTW, I don't mean DL links either, they work fine... Once I find the page. I mean ANY nexus related mod page link. This includes links to required mods on the mod pages itself, mod links from NEXUS forum posts, youtube mod channels, as well as the rest of the internet. I've re-installed FF, and deleted my browser profile to make sure it wasn't a jacked up FF setting. What's up???? :sad:

EDIT: when nexus urls are clicked, the /game name and the /? after the mod number are deleted from the url, and I'm sent to the page mentioned above. if I substitute the missing address parts, I still can't DL mods cause my login isn't recognized even though I'm logged in on another tab. I have to google mod names to access the site with a valid login. NOT cool :/

Edited by tgirlshayna

When I click on nexus mod links lately, I get redirected to the main nexus homepage. It says I'm not logged in, and won't let me log in, even though I'm already lopgged in. It's just this redirect page that glitches the login. If I open a bookmarked mod page, it opens with me logged. BTW, I don't mean DL links either, they work fine... Once I find the page. I mean ANY nexus related mod page link. This includes links to required mods on the mod pages itself, mod links from NEXUS forum posts, youtube mod channels, as well as the rest of the internet. I've re-installed FF, and deleted my browser profile to make sure it wasn't a jacked up FF setting. What's up???? :sad:

EDIT: when nexus urls are clicked, the /game name and the /? after the mod number are deleted from the url, and I'm sent to the page mentioned above. if I substitute the missing address parts, I still can't DL mods cause my login isn't recognized even though I'm logged in on another tab. I have to google mod names to access the site with a valid login. NOT cool :/

That's a known issue caused by the changes to the site urls and decommissioning of the subdomains previously used for every game site. Many links found in older posts or descriptions nowadays will go to the old urls, which as you already figured out will not work, period. There's no simple way to automatically change these links in every post, comment or description all over the Nexus, so the only solution left is for you to fix the bogus urls into the working format again.

For one, old urls going to "www.tesnexus.com" won't work anymore, because the site was split into Oblivion and Morrowind a long while back.

For two, the subdomains "oblivion.nexusmods.com", "morrowind.nexusmods.com", "skyrim.nexusmods.com" or whatever, have been decommissioned and will in the best case only lead to a non-functional left-over of the site. You 'appear' to be logged out and your login attempts won't work on these sites, because login information is bound to cookies and cookies are bound to domains, different domain => cookie not set => not logged in. If you return to a valid Nexus url, you'll immediately notice you've actually never been logged out to begin with.

Now for the old urls to fix there's a rather easy way, and you also actually figured out the biggest part of it yourself.

The only valid urls left on the Nexus all have this one structure:

"www.nexusmods.com/<name-of-game>/<type-of-resource>/<id-of-item>/"

(the last closing "/" is not needed, nor is the "?")

The "name-of-game" is rather simple to obtain, depending on which game site you were trying to go to. Usually it's identical to the subdomain previously used as well.

The "type-of-resource" is either "mods" or "images". (Maybe there's others, but you likely won't find a link to these anywhere.)

And the "id-of-item" is the mod- or image-id. Within the subdomain urls this was found right at the end of it the same way it is now. Within older urls with "downloads/file.php" or similar "php" files called it's usually the value of the "id" parameter following in the query string afterwards.

As you said you got to the right page but were still logged out, I take it you did indeed fix the last parts right already, but you missed fixing the domain part. Only "www.nexusmods.com" is valid anymore.

I hope this helps.

For me, the old <gamename>.nexusmods.com/<whatever> addresses automatically redirect to www.nexusmods.com/<gamename>/<whatever> ones, and I stay logged in. Are those redirects not working for you, tgirlshayna? Does your browser have an option for enabling or disabling redirects?

(True, I've been using the Nexus since the subdomains were still valid, so I might still have old cookies for those. I'll have to log in from another computer or with another browser sometime, and check if redirects appear to log me out.)

Edited by AaronOfMpls

I have an issue of certian version of mods for skyrim leading to file not found for manual download or 3 tries and an error through NMM. Other version of the same mod download quickly and without a problem. Would this be related to the server hosting FE Nexus, NWN Nexus, TW Nexus, WOT Nexus, XCOM Nexus and M&B Nexus going down? If so, is there any estimated time that this error will be corrected? For me the older optional files of stealth skills rebalanced and the newest version of no dragon lods.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is the right place, but it seems to be a general suggestions topic so it probably fits:

I was wondering whether it'd be possible to allow uploading files with a .z2f extension (for the game Zoo Tycoon 2). They're basically just .zip files but it'd be cool to be able to upload them directly, without having to rename or pack them again.

• 2 weeks later...