Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

This has probably been asked a thousand times, but are there any good mods that take out the tediousness of crafting (all three, but especially smithing)? I recently started playing again and I have to admit that crafting 1000 iron daggers just to level up smithing so that I can make armour my level is one of the most boring parts of the game for me. Now, I could just use the console to do some stuff, but I feel I should ask here and see if anyone has found something that helps with this.

To note: I do know of mods such as SkyRe that significantly change the skill trees, but I'd like to see if there's anything else out there that is a bit more streamlined towards a better and more efficient crafting experience.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point I installed a mod that lets you choose which markers appear on the map. My current setting is to show the major towns and buildings only. Caves, keeps etc do not show up even after you have visited them.

I want to change the settings but I cannot remember what the mod was called and despite looking many times I can't find it in my mod list, despite the fact it is currently active! If anyone can suggest what it might be called I would be very grateful, thanks.

Is there a mod that adds a Court Wizard or Spell Merchant to Falkreath?

Note that I use JK's Falkreath so a full Falkreath overhaul will probably not work.

At some point I installed a mod that lets you choose which markers appear on the map. My current setting is to show the major towns and buildings only. Caves, keeps etc do not show up even after you have visited them.

I want to change the settings but I cannot remember what the mod was called and despite looking many times I can't find it in my mod list, despite the fact it is currently active! If anyone can suggest what it might be called I would be very grateful, thanks.

I'm not sure if The Cartographers Map Markers or any other similar mod is possible to set like this... but if you can't find the mod that does this then maybe you've used just the console command "tmm"

tmm <nn>(,<nn>,<nn>) Show/hide all map markers <nn> should be 1 to show all markers, or 0 to hide all markers. Hiding markers hides ALL markers - including the city markers that are automatically visible at the beginning of the game. When adding markers, the 2nd parameter determines if the ones you add are set as discovered (1, default) or not (0), and the 3rd is all (1) or all but hidden (0,default) (e.g., to add all undiscovered markers without fast travel, enter tmm 1,0,0).

There is a mod that removes comments about dangerous spells, and I found out there is also one for removing comments about dangerous weapons. I searched but have not found it. Anyone know?

It will remove comments like "such a foul and unnatural weapon...who did you have to kill to get that blade...blah blah blah".

try any of those three console commands:

set WICommentChanceDaedricArtifact to 0

set WICommentChanceArmorRare to 0

set WICommentChanceWeaponRare to 0

I was wondering if there was a mod that would allow you to choose the major/skills you start with?

In Skyrim it is decided based on race, and while that is understandable to a certain degree, I personally preferred the way Morrowind did it; allowing you to choose a Class that would allow you to immerse better (in my opinion) or build one yourself based on your personal playing style.

I am looking for something like that, but have yet to succeed in finding it.

Does anybody know if it is already there and I am just overlooking it?

Thanks in advance,

Armandhas

I was wondering if there was a mod that would allow you to choose the major/skills you start with?

In Skyrim it is decided based on race, and while that is understandable to a certain degree, I personally preferred the way Morrowind did it; allowing you to choose a Class that would allow you to immerse better (in my opinion) or build one yourself based on your personal playing style.

I am looking for something like that, but have yet to succeed in finding it.

Does anybody know if it is already there and I am just overlooking it?

Thanks in advance,

Armandhas

I'm not sure whether not typing "classes" into the search box can be called as overlooking, but... :D here you go ;)

Character Creation Overhaul

Classic Classes and Birthsigns