Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hello, I like to use quick save a lot and usually when you quick save the game freezes for a second or two and it's really getting annoying. Is there any mod that fixes this issue ?

If you have a lot of gamesaves (say over a 1000) this can happen. But also gamesave bloat can be a cause. Check your savefiles first, normal save files go from 7000Kb beginning of the game to 25000Kb if you've done a ton of quests and so on.

If you have many savefiles, just drop the older 800 files in a backup directory.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to nag, whatever floats your game, but wouldn't it be unimmersive if one shopkeeper has 20 armors and 15 Meads in his pocket? A chest is more believable... Instead why not pickpocket the -key- from the shopkeeper. Place that in his inventory. And have a guard near the chest or something...

*looks at his character carrying 900 pounds of looted armor all in his pockets*

Uhhh--- I think 'immersion' left this building a long time ago.

Edited by Dragonsthorn

Not to nag, whatever floats your game, but wouldn't it be unimmersive if one shopkeeper has 20 armors and 15 Meads in his pocket? A chest is more believable... Instead why not pickpocket the -key- from the shopkeeper. Place that in his inventory. And have a guard near the chest or something...

*looks at his character carrying 900 pounds of looted armor all in his pockets*

Uhhh--- I think 'immersion' left this building a long time ago.

I lolled. You are encumbered ;-)

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if i'm right here, but I'm searching for a house mod.

I had riverside lodge and legend of the eagles nest two small "lore friendly" houses, but the problem with both of them is that they're near riverwood/whiterun and it seems that almost every mod takes place in this area ( so with my heavily modded game it's a bit laggy there) and i'm tired of this location.

So does somebody knows a house which has the same cossyness as those two but is in an area that is not so populatet by other modders??

Thanks^^

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if i'm right here, but I'm searching for a house mod.

I had riverside lodge and legend of the eagles nest two small "lore friendly" houses, but the problem with both of them is that they're near riverwood/whiterun and it seems that almost every mod takes place in this area ( so with my heavily modded game it's a bit laggy there) and i'm tired of this location.

So does somebody knows a house which has the same cossyness as those two but is in an area that is not so populatet by other modders??

Thanks^^

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52460/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62903/?

The Modding Beginner's Guide has very recently been locked, and no author name or way to contact him. He says use Neovalen's guide, but it is a much more advanced guide and I can barely follow what he wants to teach, and it does not really apply to what I want to do, so it does me no good at all as a beginner. I want the other file unlocked but don't know how to follow up on this.

Does anyone know of a mod that places a town, player house, camp, etc. somewhere near that rather major intersection of roads between Rorikstead/Falkreath and Whiterun/Markarth? That particular spot seems odd to be so very empty and unfortunately it's extremely difficult to search for houses, etc. by their location in the world.

Does anyone know of a mod that places a town, player house, camp, etc. somewhere near that rather major intersection of roads between Rorikstead/Falkreath and Whiterun/Markarth? That particular spot seems odd to be so very empty and unfortunately it's extremely difficult to search for houses, etc. by their location in the world.

Yeah, those intersections are criminally overlooked (especially when it makes sense to build hamlets at crossroads). Winterhold is in similar state - damn near no one builds anything in that region.