and after using the fix file
problem solved

Jeir

Jeir

Arcane Archer

• Premium Member
  • 4,802 posts
@unspunreality:
CBBE v3 has only been out for a day, so it will take time for other modders to update their files; thus, while they all 'work', the textures will be a little off in some/all of them. See the optional files for a temporary 'hip fix' for one of the worst of the errors.
As for installing, if you only want the standard 'Curvy' version of CBBE, you only have 2 folders to install; the first 'meshes' and 'textures' folder you encounter. If you want another version, you need to install those files, and then go into the 'Options' folder to get the other textures. See the installation guide for how to do this.

@mktsang:
Glad you got it fixed. =)
Just a note; not 'my' mod. X3 I just answer questions (if I know the answer) and update the mod description.

Edited by Jeir, 23 January 2012 - 02:45 AM.

dimon99

dimon99

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
Grats on V3 Cal! Things just getting better and better! Kudos,endorsed and the best of luck with your further creations! :)

aquilegia

aquilegia

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
The bodyslide executable currently installs generated body meshes, overwriting any currently installed meshes without warning -- even if, for example, the mod had been extracted to a folder in desktop. (Unless you knew to edit the Config.xml)

This should probably be mentioned in the readme.

Note also that you can use nifskope to see what you are doing. Note that this mod is currently hostile to this approach -- the body textures displayed in nifskope are those of a charred corpse if you have nifskope configured to use the game's textures. One way to avoid this issue is:

a) Install this mod some place other than the game directory. (I used Desktop\cbbev3\). Note you can also have it installed in game -- this second install is just for nifskope.

b) Go into the textures\actors\character\female\ directory and rename every "femalebody_1" texture, replacing that part of the file name with "astridbody". (Or, use textures from the Options directory for this purpose...)

c) In NifSkope, and use the menu to go to Render->Settings... then under Custom click on "Add Folder", then down lower click on the "Folder" button, and browse to the place where you performed the nifskope install (for me, that was ...\Desktop\cbbev3\).

Once you have done this, you can open the files in nifskope to see how they look. Once you have two nifskope instances open, you can reload their models each time you try something different in the bodyslide program.

Edited by aquilegia, 23 January 2012 - 03:35 AM.

potatochip

potatochip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
So is the new CBBE texture supposed to match the tone of vanilla faces? Doesn't seem to be the case ATM. Could be a bad side-effect of the normal map not matching too, but the seam is pretty gnarly as it is.

kalpa2004

kalpa2004

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Noticed that on CBBE v3 nude textures, old women will have chunks of texture missing on both side of the hips and thigh area. Saw this when I passed by DB's torture room. Only happens on the old women but not on younger (regular aged) ones.

There's no clothing so I am sure this is not from clothing textures, anyone else notice the same issues?

PS. Oh and I am using default sliders.

Edited by kalpa2004, 23 January 2012 - 05:21 AM.

Caliente

Caliente

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 574 posts
Hello everyone, thanks for your patience while this release continues to reveal its ugly sides... I'm slowly looking into issues.. hopefully soon steady state will be back!

First: A hint by Jeir led me to notice that there is, in fact, yet another texture error with CBBE v3. The body texture around the neck area incorrectly left out the detail required to match it tone-wise to the head. This to me looked like a normal map issue, which has had me beating my head against my monitor for a few days, but after loading the correct detail, things look much better!

I've uploaded fixed textures -- to find them and install them, grab the appropriate " CBBE v0-2 hip texture compatability pack " from the update files. Those packages now fix both the v0-2 hip compatibility issue addressed earlier as well as the neck skin tone one. Install by copying the textures contents to skyrim/data as usual.

I have a prototype installer kindly created by Morpheas in my hot little hands. These fixes will be a part of it, which I plan to upload tomorrow after some testing.

-=-=- Sorry if I missed some questions, but here are some answers -=-=-

dkunit: Yes, Body slide is intended to allow CBBE compatible armors to more easily support a range of sizes. The bodyslide readme gives some details as to how this can be accomplished, though at this moment the process is rather particular on inputs and is a little rough (and not well documented). It will never be the case that it can automatically 'shrinkwrap' armors to the body though, so mod authors will have to create the size options (right now, a maximum of 11 size points need to be created, but in many cases not all will need to be)

DragonTalons: Hope you found the update file to fix the hip texture problem you were seeing with other armors. I've updated the update file (hah) to help with the neck seam as well now. Also took a look and spotted the small wrist gap on the small seam, thanks for pointing that out, i'll work on a fix.

migal130: Hand textures have been added back to the archive for an updated version, make sure you grab that :)

Kouh: that's an issue I've heard reported before with the shiny faces. I've not been able to reproduce it (and I wasn't able to reproduce it even with the actual files from the other person's computer...) if you want to send me the face texture files that are causing it, maybe I can spot something this time. Sorry you're having a problem!

iInsanity: Small waist with big breasts? that's insanity! Do whatever you like, that's what BodySlide is for!

freonr2: feel free to post a screenshot with those values so people can see it. Looks like a bit of a small rear for my taste, but how are you finding the shape of the smaller end? good?
Quick note, the actual bottom value in the slider is 0 and not 1, though it makes little difference.

RevenantGhost: What version did you try to use that was causing that? There's nothing really new with V3 that could case CTDs, though the bouncing breast mod did that for me a couple times before I realized I had accidentally named the body shape in the nif file the same as one of the skeleton nodes ...

Physicslab: if its a progressive issue over time, then it's a memory/graphics driver issue that we don't have a solution for yet :(

TheSecretUchiha: I don't have Load Loose Files checked on my end (never have) and things work just fine... are you sure you installed everything correctly?

GriefReaper: ack I always forget about the old females. Poor grannies, someday they'll get the love. I'll try to work on them sometime soon.. meanwhile, don't take their clothes off :D. Lydia does indeed use male animations. Females using male animations in Bethesda games is something that infuriates me, I wish they'd stop that. At least this time the player isn't stuck with as awful animations as in the past.
As a note, BBP is very buggy with respect to animations -- for instance, with it installed, my character would no longer hold a torch out in front of her.

Nite: I tend to agree with you. Its a good start, but there's some real work to be done to make them enjoyable. I haven't tackled the stuff myself yet because the animation system (havok behavior) is something I"m totally unfamiliar with, and is even less mod friendly than the previous bethesda games. (Only export from 3ds max, for instance. Not many people have a few grand to throw at 3d software.)

mktsang: the fix will help the problem but it sounds like you somehow ended up not getting the body models installed... the V3 meshes won't have the texture issue.. might want to try reinstalling if you've not done so yet.

t1000n1: installer should be available tomorrow. There's definitely a good need for one, and I've had a kind person help me out with one.

unspunreality: Actually, the V3 textures don't work quite right with V2 armors. The armors will need to be adjusted to fit the v3 bodies to totally clear it up, but the errors you see with v2 armors is in the 'acceptable' range if you use the most recent update files in the download section.
As for installs, NMM isn't as friendly for creating install scripts yet, it seems. But it accepts FOMM scripts, but the modding community doesn't really seem to be in the know on that yet (I only recently discovered this)

Aquilegia: Yuck, apologies for the bad HCI manners there. I forgot that it wouldn't be obvious to a user that files are overwritten by the process. A readme is not really enough -- what there needs to be is an 'overwrite? y/n" prompt that can be permanently hidden by the user. I'll put that in my list of improvements to BodySlide, thank you for bringing it up.
Interesting process for viewing the generated results :) i hadn't thought of doing that, but then again, when I look at the sliders, all I see is Blonde, brunette, redhead...

potatochip: The skin tones are merely 'close' to vanilla, but they're different. the neck seam blend file used by texblend is designed to reduce the disparity. the primary download of CBBE v3 has an incorrect texture on the body near the neck however, which is causing a more visible seam. The two update files in the downloads section now have texture fixes that should help with that.

kalpa2004: Yep, old women have a different texture, and I regrettably have ignored them. They look silly with taut bodies, but I should still support their textures. I'll see what I can do about this (not a quick fix though since it requires new texture art.)

Edited by Caliente, 23 January 2012 - 05:33 AM.

_Nite_

_Nite_

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
@Potatochip

no you need to have a Face Texture mod installed and then use Texblend to match the face texture with the body texture.

Zackiieboii

Zackiieboii

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Everytime use the bodyslide on any preset and body i get a error " Failure to Save bodies"? At first i was playing around with "Fixed Breast big" and i clicked save and i got the error so i had another go at it without touching none of the settings and i still got the error?
Help? i Want to be fighting a dragon with large breasts xD

I-HaTeD2

I-HaTeD2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Does the curvy hip texture fix fit with the vanilla edition?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.926 seconds