• Please log in to reply
11891 replies to this topic

Jeir

Jeir

Arcane Archer

• Premium Member
  • 5,097 posts
@agunsthemagi:
I assume...you mean make non-BodySlide meshes be changed by BodySlide? Can't happen as things stand.
Have a look inside CalienteTools/BodySlide/ShapeData/CalArmorForsworn. See all those files? You need to make all of those for each mesh you wish to include in BodySlide. It's a lot of files, and quite a lot of work, which is why Caliente has been spending so much time working on them, fixing the weights and any clipping...and everything else. =) She has offered to help out those who want to make their mods BodySlide compatible, though, so you could always send those modders a message about wanting their armours/clothes compatible.

Edit: Ninja'd by Caliente!

Edited by Jeir, 13 March 2012 - 04:10 PM.

Agnusthemagi

Agnusthemagi

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
Got it, then we need someone willing to do all that work, which undoubtly will show up because of the great quality and overall geniality of the body slide tool. Not me saddly, as my time is short those days. Thanks again.
Great work, keep it up!

macavitytesnexus

macavitytesnexus

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
BodySlide exported obj vertex duplication:

-Apologies if this is a known issue-

I'm trying to make a slider. I saw your instructions (Thank you !!)

The BaseShape.obj I import into blender has duplicate / unwelded verts on the inside of both thighs, and on the backside in a V where bikini lines would be. (183 total)
This frustrates editing - If I use proportional or sculpt mode these unwelded verts will separate leaving holes in the mesh.
If I weld / remove duplicates then I've changed the vertex count and the slider maker complains/fails.

At first I assumed the source of the extra verts was the nif but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Currently I need to find either:
- a way to eliminate / weld the verts
- a way to edit that doesn't separate the dups other than individually editing each vertex.

I know I'm asking a busy person for a lot, thanks for any advice you can provide.

Edited by macavitytesnexus, 13 March 2012 - 04:43 PM.

GraPhiXJuNkiE

GraPhiXJuNkiE

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

how do I update my Body Slide 0.9.5 to 1.0.1? Didn't see info on how. Also, can I use body slide as much as I want on an already created character? Thanks...

?

Jeir

Jeir

Arcane Archer

• Premium Member
  • 5,097 posts
@GraPhiXJuNkiE:
Just install it. If in the same place, overwrite the files. And yes, you can use it to change your characters' body as much as you want.

macavitytesnexus

macavitytesnexus

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
GraphixJunkie:

delete your old bodyslide
download the new one.

All bodyslide does is make the pair of meshes the game uses to interpolate every humanoid.
There is no reason to create a new character - bodyslide will affect every humanoid in the game including your character.

Caliente

Caliente

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 574 posts
mcavitytesnexus: The nif file does duplicate 183 verts. Did you actually try to reimport the version where you welded the seams? I just tried it out to be sure -- it works fine for me. Even though removing those vertices lowers the vertex count, the bodyslide importer duplicates them again before comparison. If you're actually using a weld function, that might be doing something different -- the way it works for me is to use the remove doubles command. Export it back out and load it as a slider source and you should see it match 100% (set scale to 10.0).
Also remember that there's a (0,.25443,-.32879) offset baked into the exporter that you need to correct -- that means after your import in blender, go to edit mode and offset all vertices by -.25443 Y and +.32879 Z. (The object center should remain at the 0,0,0 position).
finally if it simply isn't working for you, the proportional edit will keep verts together -- make sure it's set to 'On' and not 'connected'. Also, if a separation occurs you can always simply snap the vertexes together by holding control while dragging the vertex near another one.

macavitytesnexus

macavitytesnexus

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
:) - I managed to brute force it with proportional and snap ... It's uploaded if you're interested.
Oops - I'd forgotten about the offset!

I'll give it another try later. Should be a fair amount easier if removing vertex duplicates works.

Thanks again for an awesome mod

Edited by macavitytesnexus, 13 March 2012 - 06:33 PM.

DPerete

DPerete

Stranger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've once tryed to fix neck seams, but my face ended up Blue AND still neck seam.
Followed the tutorial and used the full Texture Blender. Now I'm leaving it with the neck seam, actually it don't bother me.
• Please upload images with the Nipples Colors, Pubic Hairs and Tatoos please, on the TextureBlender is difficult/impossible to see.
• If I use a Tatoo can't use Pubic Hair?
• Can I use 2 Tatoos or more?
Thanks, perfect Mod :D

Edited by DPerete, 13 March 2012 - 06:57 PM.

berdt

berdt

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can some one help me?
How can is change the body in to curve, slim etc. ??

Thanks

Page loaded in: 1.240 seconds