Skyrim not detecting esp files

RaycerX

in my win 7 64bit the read only goes back on too but my .esp are being read, mods like Reweighed Potions, Jump100, Realistic Ragdoll Force, cao_morevendorgold. i see the differences. one thing i did was switch my 4gig patched exe with the original before the game got patched just to be safe. skyrim data files in launcher should show the other .esp mods and one skyrim.esm. id try backing up your save game and mods and reinstall if you haven,t yet it does install fast.

To fix the .ESP selection problem you need to go to " C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\" and modify the SkyrimPrefs.ini file. Just add the line "bEnableFileSelection=1" and that should do the trick.http://uploadimage.ro/images/33418915208249483187.png

http://uploadimage.ro/images/35585395020678324215.png

To fix the .ESP selection problem you need to go to " C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\" and modify the SkyrimPrefs.ini file. Just add the line "bEnableFileSelection=1" and that should do the trick.

All this does is make the Data Files section of the launcher clickable... It doesn't solve issues where already activated plugins aren't working!

To fix the .ESP selection problem you need to go to " C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\" and modify the SkyrimPrefs.ini file. Just add the line "bEnableFileSelection=1" and that should do the trick.

I did that and I still can't select the data files selection :(

@Hikuvu, make sure you added that exact line under the [Launcher] section of SkyrimPrefs.ini found in your documents (not the one in the game's installation directory).

Also, NMM is the recommended method of activating .esp files as the Data Files section of the launcher may or may not have erroneous bugs regarding load order tied to it (Oblivion,Fallout 3, and Fallout NV all had issues). If plugins won't stay activated through NMM or simply fail to work after activating them do as Smosh suggested and make sure the plugins.txt (and DLClist.txt) files, under the \Skyrim\ folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\ on XP or C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local\ on Vista/7 are writable by opening their properties and unchecking the tick mark box for "read only".

• 2 weeks later...