Bethsoft need a new graphic engine...

zuluknob

if you know why did you google it? I do agree that rendering/physics/athmospheric engine is a better discription though(my bad). This engine doesn't have an ai part to it hence it's not a game engine. Given that this is done on the gpu and with 512meg of vram that leave lots of power for the cpu to do the ai and all the other stuff even on current consoles. Bethsoft already have the radient ai so they wouldn't need a new one anyway. I am not suggesting that Bethsoft rewrite Skyrim to use this engine for the display. It was an idea for the next eldar scrolls game which might be 4 years away and would be designed for the next next gen consoles in which they could include all of Tamriel at the original scale(about the size of europe) or all of Nirn. They would have to write something to procedurally create the towns/roads and dungeons otherwise it would take forever. But seeing as how thats what they did for Daggerfall......

Some things to remember is that the engine skyrim runs on isn't all Bethsofts creation. It includes the behaviour stuff from Havok, .nif's from gamebryo and Scaleforms UI. So replacing part of the game engine isn't that much of a problem. When you look at how skyrims landscape is created you see that there is a hell of a lot of wasted geometry that the engine has to cull (use tcl in the console and go underground near a mountain and you will see what i mean) even in the towns like whiterun have a look underground.

It's a shame they didn't licence Avalanche Studios Avalanche Engine 2.0, not only does it look stunning but it doesn't require a computer from the future to run it, Skyrim doesn't come close.

basically what the op wants is like procedurally generated content..

BGS have been hand building their worlds since MW. All the level design is done like that.. now you either get lots of weak procedurally created wordspace, or a smaller hand polished worldspace. Unless they hire a 1000 new level designers to pitch in, it's just a huge trade off.