How to Find Base ID from refID?

nguyenlong311

When you find the reference id, it has a category called "name" that has the form id in little endian format.

OK, i learn something new. The original BaseID is sown as FormID. Well i prefer FNVEdit to do the same thing, cause i dont like endians. Whether big nor little.:tongue:

For me TESsnip is too basically, FNVEdit much more compfortable, even than the original Construction Set for a lot of things. I find out, the best way for me to make simply ESP-Mods start in TESsnip to copy Objects from Skyrim.esm to your own ESP-File but making the changes (like weight, price, ...) with FNVedit, because this much more easier.

BTW i have another question: If i place an objekt with console-command PlaceAtMe xxxxxxxx than i have to select it with a mouseclick for reference following commands like SetPos or GetAngle. What can i do with invisible objects, that i can not select with mouse? Or if want to make a batch-file to make new furniture in house, e.g.

is there a way (command) to select an object i last created with PlaceAtMe xxxxxxxx that i can use to select invisible objects? Need this for bookselves and mannequins.

(Please forgive my bad english)

Edited by Black Widowmaker

• 10 months later...
As a note, some refids cannot be obtained from clicking on things (IE: Alduin at the start of the game before you're allowed to control yourself.) You'd have to get the refid from the baseid somehow in this case or, restart the game after you know his refID from after you're able to control your body.