PEX Decompiler

Decompiler for compiled PEX scripts.

Tribalx13

Tribalx13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
this is great! I cant wait to see ur compiler for the decompiled script's.
will be a MUST for any one interested in deeper modding parameters.
keep the great work

Radnurag

Radnurag

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Really spiffy! Just curious though, will this still be of added value when the CS comes out? I can imagine that we'll have to know more about the CS first though :P

Crypton

Crypton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
Nice! Will no doubt end up being very useful, thanks!

OnelessName

OnelessName

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Really spiffy! Just curious though, will this still be of added value when the CS comes out? I can imagine that we'll have to know more about the CS first though :P

PEX Decompiler decompiles to a very low-level language. The CS will certainly feature a higher level language compiler. I have no experience with scripting for previous Bethesda games so I have no idea what the CS might be like. It all depends no how much scripting freedom the CS will give us.

Takatalvi

Takatalvi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Typically the Creation Kit(CK) in previous lives has been similar to Visual Basic, but actually allows a lot a flexibility. It's my guess that once it comes out in January, this will be devalued. However for the time being, Kick ass, and Kudos points for you!

EDIT:
Heres and example of how Morrowind and Oblivion scripting worked(I'm assuming all Bethesda games)
http://wiki.tesnexus...ivion_scripting

Edited by Takatalvi, 07 December 2011 - 12:29 PM.

xilver

xilver

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hey, thanks. Useful. Perhaps you can decompile into an embedded text viewer instead of outputting a file? It would make exploring PEXes a lot faster. I'd love to see compiling too!

OnelessName

OnelessName

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hey, thanks. Useful. Perhaps you can decompile into an embedded text viewer instead of outputting a file? It would make exploring PEXes a lot faster. I'd love to see compiling too!

I had an idea like that but my main goal was to finish the decompiler fast and proceed to making a compiler so that I (and others) can actually edit the scripts without having to look at the hex code. Maybe I will add an ability to load a script and display it in the utility, then save it in a file if you wish, once the compiler is complete.

Speaking of which, I'm sorry for not delivering the compiler as promised. I got the text parsing to work perfectly, then started working on the output but real life got in the way. I hope I can complete it by the end of the week.

OnelessName

OnelessName

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Compiler and the new version of decompiler uploaded. Now, will someone please fix that Dampened Spirits quest bug so that I can finish the Thieves Guild questline? :)

csb

csb

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 754 posts
Super handy tool -- I'm already getting glimpses into Skyrim's scripts! Thanks for this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.869 seconds