[CONSOLE] Dress / Undress Anyone

kLAcK107

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like some definitive info on this... any way to get that SetOutfit command to work?

Using the removeallitems works for a moment, but then giving them new clothes seems to reset their default costume. I am wanting to be able to mod housecarls / followers to be able to wear house outfits (regular clothes, or whatever) when they are at home and not following you.

There is a mod for that on the nexus, that makes default clothing for all huscarls "Fine Cloth".

Im using it and it works fine, every huscarl i have is wearing standard fine clothing instead of steel armor.

I must be doing something wrong then since all you seem to have the same issue.

In my games Lydia never 'resets' and wears her old outfits.

I use the removeitem method to remove the armor.

I DO NOT use equipitem or any other method using console to ADD to her or have her wear whatever.

I use the normal game trade menu to hand her the armor item(s) I want her to equip. That works and she

puts on the item and it stays on her. She does not strip or reset when I leave any cells. Now, I can't say

what happens if I was to dismiss her as I've not done that. If she resets then no biggie.

EDIT. From what I know REMOVEALLITEMS in this game will result in her resetting on zoning.

I say that as I heard that on the grape vine. Dunno if true from personal testing.

I do the same with weapons.

Just use the normal trade window.

Course, maybe I'm 'bugged' and I'm the only one that does not have the issue you all seem to be having with her always resetting. /shrug.

Edited by Uzibeatle

I DO NOT use equipitem or any other method using console to ADD to her or have her wear whatever.

I use the normal game trade menu to hand her the armor item(s) I want her to equip. That works and she

puts on the item and it stays on her. She does not strip or reset when I leave any cells. Now, I can't say

what happens if I was to dismiss her as I've not done that. If she resets then no biggie.

EDIT. From what I know REMOVEALLITEMS in this game will result in her resetting on zoning.

I say that as I heard that on the grape vine. Dunno if true from personal testing.

Course, maybe I'm 'bugged' and I'm the only one that does not have the issue you all seem to be having with her always resetting. /shrug.

I believe there might be a distinction between dressing followers and dressing world npcs

have you removed her from your service yet?

do that, go back to your house and tell me that she has not reverted back to her default

• 10 months later...