Removing Bounty Console Command?

deathvendetta

paycrimegold

" This command can be used to pay one's bounty when guard interactions will not allow for it. Simply select the a guard of the faction with bounty and enter paycrimegold with no added ids or "player." in front. This will remove the bounty and make guards stop chasing you, but will also place you in front of the factions prison (as if you payed off a bounty regularly).

Note: If ones bounty is removed as illustrated by the crime tab (under General Stats in escape menu) and guards proceed to attack you, take out your weapon and sheathe it to force guards to stop attacking. "

:thumbsup:

• 10 months later...

paycrimegold

" This command can be used to pay one's bounty when guard interactions will not allow for it. Simply select the a guard of the faction with bounty and enter paycrimegold with no added ids or "player." in front. This will remove the bounty and make guards stop chasing you, but will also place you in front of the factions prison (as if you payed off a bounty regularly).

Note: If ones bounty is removed as illustrated by the crime tab (under General Stats in escape menu) and guards proceed to attack you, take out your weapon and sheathe it to force guards to stop attacking. "

If you do "paycrimegold 0 0" it won't take your stolen items and you won't be moved to the prison.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

paycrimegold

If you do "paycrimegold 0 0" it won't take your stolen items and you won't be moved to the prison.

What he said.

I will admit that sometimes it hasn't worked for me. It's rare, but if it doesn't work for you, you pretty much just have to do the regular dialog and go to prison (or incur more bounty charges xD)

• 2 months later...

Hey, playing Skyrim on PC and was wondering if anyone has found a working console command to remove bounty.

Closest thing I have seen is the:

player.setcrimegold 0 <faction id>

But it never goes to 0 when I use it. I can only raise my bounty further.

You have to use a negative number if you want it to go down.

player.setcrimegold <+/- ###> <faction id>

BTW, the same principle applies with any numbers you use for console commands (you can enter negative numbers to decrease the value).

EDIT: sometimes it can be a little glitchy. For example, I can't get my bounty all the way down to 0 but I was able to decrease down to 140, which is just fine with me. This could be one of the many mods I have not playing nice or it could be a glitch in the vanilla system, I'm not sure.

Edited by Kayral