Npc head discoloration

STSG

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I could find any info. I'm having trouble with custom or edited npcs having the wrong skin tone on their heads. Is there any way to fix it? I found out if can be temporary fixed with using snpcw command in the console on them but it resets as soon as i leave and come back. :wallbash: It's so annoying. :facepalm: Any suggestions/help/tips would be very much welcone :confused:

I have this problem as well. After changing NPC eyes type and hairstyle using TESsnip .esp, their heads turned grey.

Even after writing my own nif program to exchange face parts in facegeos and made sure the textures are correctly exchanged, it sill wont fix it.

I feel like it is a simple flag or switch in the esm.. - Im still lookin at it, but dont count on it.

Ive seen this before. Ive had this happen before. After installing AWOP - http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38719 - the fix was this:

Open the file 'Fallout_default.ini' which should be found in the Steam/SteamApps/Coomon/FalloutNV folder. Search for the line:

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0

and change it to

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

But in the skyrim ini, this tag does not exist, nor could i find something similar.

I have also seen issues with head and body textures not matching but is was the other way around, with the body appearing in default skin color. The way it was fixed was by converting the esp into an esm, but that will require the fallout mod manager, and im not even sure that is the solution in this case.

Im sorry i dont have much to add, but hopefully that gives you some fuel for possible repair.

You might go to the mod author of the esp and ask too.

I seemed to have solved the problem.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3748

Changes to NPC's face / head / hair needs to be reflected on both the NPC entry in Skyrim.esm and their facegeom accordingly. Otherwise you get this darker face tone.

For changes in Skyrim.esm, you need to provide a valid .esp file. (Let me know if you need more detail.)

For changes to the facegeom files you need the latest nifskope. (I wrote my own program but its too much of a rush job for release - I just made it in 2 hours for the sake of testing.)

- Good luck!

I seemed to have solved the problem.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3748

Changes to NPC's face / head / hair needs to be reflected on both the NPC entry in Skyrim.esm and their facegeom accordingly. Otherwise you get this darker face tone.

For changes in Skyrim.esm, you need to provide a valid .esp file. (Let me know if you need more detail.)

For changes to the facegeom files you need the latest nifskope. (I wrote my own program but its too much of a rush job for release - I just made it in 2 hours for the sake of testing.)

- Good luck!

Could this help remove the grey discoloration from my character's face here:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/497786-another-facial-discoloration-issue/

Here's an example:

First you need the NPC's editor's ID as known as Base ID.

i.e. for Hroki

You can find it in TESSsnip or type 'help Hroki 0'

Look for entry with NPC_ and you'll get it. Its 1339e.

Open your BSA app - FOMM preferrably, open meshes->actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\skyrim.esm

Find 0001339e.nif, extract it

Open TESSsnip, open Skyrim.esm, goto NPC_ and find Hroki's entry under 1339e. Copy and paste it into your esf template.

Here what ever you changed must match the content of the .nif file. i.e. If you change the Hair Style, the old hair mesh in the nif file must be replaced with the new hair mesh. I usually use data from another NPC with identical hair style to the new hair style. Lips type, eyes type and nose type etc also apply if changes are made. Face features morphing values do not matter.

This can be a very steep learning curve if you do not know what you are doing.

Finally put the .esf in the data folder and the .nif in "Data\meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\skyrim.esm\"

Launch the game with launcher, make sure .esp is ticked in Data Files.

• 2 years later...
Aela the Huntress face fix to restore the Default face. To Unbake the her black head pale boby.

this is not a mod but still very easy. Start the cs check skyrim.ems and update.ems and you select her from actors, Hit (ctr + f4) you get her face back,No saves required.it just restored her face. This IS the Original FACE so there a red tattoo warpaint.

It works because the saves and mods have nothing to do with the error.Its a bug with how skyrim handles nif and dds files. Now you can try other mods to alter her to your liking.

if I was less lazy I would make mod that would restore all the games default FaceTints in c:\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint

Or maybe some brave soul will create a skse plugin to add the equivalent of bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 to the game fallout has it Skyrim dose not.

But for now here your fix. I might get ambitious I do something but like I said this is very easy.