CBBE

Rennn

It seems like CBBE, if the original file continues to get support, is on it's way to being the Skyrim version of HGEC bodies. Personally it's a bit disappointing because of the overly clean skin and the overly large breasts, but it's still exciting to see the Skyrim modding community develop. That's it really. CBBE is looking like it's going to 'win' for the most supported body mod, unless a big name like Xenius comes in and blows everyone away.

Maybe it's too early to tell though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all respect to the author/s (since this isn't mod comment thread) the body looks rather grotesque and in my opinion terrible. Vanilla is actually better. Tho I admit it's prolly at least partially because working with meshes and most of other things is still pretty hard...And that being said, I don't think anyone of the "known" modellers will come untill CK is out and you can work without this mess.

I mean, there is a body replacer that makes bodies overall better (and perhaps enables nudity in the process) and a body replacer that makes huge breasts and that it. Wonder which ones of those we already have. :biggrin:

Most of the reasons for popularity is the "first" thing and the fact most people obviously want nudity and huge breasts no matter how bad they look.

Edited by elvinkun

+1 to elvinkun, CBBE looks so horrendously awful that I'd rather play Vanilla without a nude mod than be forced to see it blemishing my screen.

I support progress, but saying it's the next HGEC is utter lunacy. Then again, the majority of users like things that look horrendously awful (see FXAA Injector or ENBSeries for proof), so it would come to no surprise if it did end up that way.

Personally, I'd rather wait for the CK and get something nice like HGEC or TYPE3 or all those nice things than jump on a terrible bandwagon now.

I hope not. Hey if people like it go ahead and knock yourselves out.

However I hope that there will be a more “esthetic” body replacer. Back in Oblivion I used HGEC with I think C cup. That was spot on for me.

I also hope that there will be a male body replacer like roberts. Equal rights and stuff like that.

Textures are important too. I think I used Necs textures in Oblivion. Pretty impressive stuff.

Anyway I since I'm not into the big ass and big tits thing (though C cup is plenty) I pass on CBBE and hope for something like HGEC.

The OP confuses me. We're one month in, and this mod is the *only* body mod available. It's "winning" because there's no competition, not because it's good (though I'm NOT passing any judgment on its quality).

Exnem's mod wasn't released for a LONG time, and it was truly years before it evolved into HGEC.

Comparing the first body mod one month after launch to that is absurd to the extreme.

The OP confuses me. We're one month in, and this mod is the *only* body mod available. It's "winning" because there's no competition, not because it's good (though I'm NOT passing any judgment on its quality).

Exnem's mod wasn't released for a LONG time, and it was truly years before it evolved into HGEC.

Comparing the first body mod one month after launch to that is absurd to the extreme.

Google "Thorpac" and "2pac4eva7". Won't post actual links here.

Now that the breast size has become reasonable and the mesh smoothed out (v0_2), it is most definitely the best nude mod on the Nexus, quality-wise. I can't believe people are defending the vanilla body. Absolutely wretched, in comparison.

I really don't see the point in nude mods to begin with, so I'm obviously a bit biased here. But I do agree that the CBBE looks terrible.

I'd rather allow some time to pass so that some more people take a shot at improving the body meshes/textures of the game, and then see which one is best. It's way too early to say CBBE is the best just because it's the first and apparently horny teens will download anything with tits.