The Legend of Zelda - A Skyrim Modification

Tyen

http://tomc3d.com/other/skyrimzelda/logo/Logo_A_small.PNG

From the moment I started playing Skyrim, I just knew that I had to get my favourite weapons and armour from Zelda into Skyrim. So began the development of this mod.

What this mod intends to become is a source for Zelda fans to get to experience Skyrim with all the tools that the Zelda series has to offer

I work quickly, so far each piece of equipment has taken two afternoons to complete and get into game. So expect updates to be pretty regular.

I am a professional artist with a game art background, and I'm just a huge fan of Zelda and Skyrim, so I will be working on this mod for the most part. Although if there are other mod teams out there that need a hand or even individuals with something cool that they want to bring to life in Skyrim, feel free to send me a private message through the forums and I will get back to you.

Because of the sheer number of iterations that Zelda series has gone through, there have been a equal number of variations on the staple Zelda items. Some stay similar and true like the look of Link and the Master Sword. I'm just a fan of the series, but I don't know the intricate details of the different storylines and games. So some items may not match how they look exactly in the games, and the decisions about how some of them look will come down to it's "Coolness ratio". Community feedback will also play a part in this.

In the end, who knows, your character in Skyrim may get a entire wardrobe and rack of armours types and weapons from the different games.

In order to drive the development of this mod forward, I'm putting it out to the community to give me your favourite items and styles.

You can give your input and sway the vote of what is made next in the form below. Feel free to leave a comment :)

If you have tried this link before, but it didn't work for you. Try it again.

After the Creation Kit is released I intend to bring items such as the Boomerang, Bombs and do fun stuff like making the MasterSword shoot beams when you are at full health. Entire dungeons would just be brilliant aswell, how would you all like to play through the Water Temple in first person? Bad example? How about the gardens of Hyrule Castle and above the clouds as in Minish Cap?

I'm excited to be working on this mod and hope that you all will enjoy it too.

Featured on Skyrim Mods Weekly #5

( After only a day of being released, no less )

Changelog

Current

• [*}Initial Release 0.2
    2012-2-22
    Added Link's Green Hat
    Added Link's Green Tunic
    Added Link's Gauntlets
    Added Link's Boots
    Made many tweaks to the MasterSword mesh and textures based on feedback
    Made many tweaks to the Hyrule Shield mesh and textures based on feedback

Previous

• Initial Release 0.1b
    2011-12-11
    Based on community feedback the Mastersword texture has been updated.
    Fixed blood always appearing on the MasterSword's blade

• Initial Release 0.1
    2011-12-10
    MasterSword Added
    Hyrule Shield Added
    Notes
    Currently the MasterSword replaces the Steel Sword
    Hyrule Shield replaces the Steel Shield

Currently working on

This list can change at any time, based on communities feedback.

• Link's Green Tunic ( Whole outfit )
  • Wooden Sword
  • Bow

Coming

Armour

• Zora Armour
  • Magic Armor
  • Wooden Shield
  • Iron Boots
  • Mirror Shield

Weapons

• Slingshot
  • Hero's Bow
  • Kokiri Sword
  • Biggoron's Sword
  • Kokiri Sword
  • Double Helix Sword

Misc

• Light Arrow
  • Fire Arrows
  • Ice Arrows

Shout out to somuchmonsters and his incredibly helpful Skyrim Modding tutorials. You can find these on his website or in this thread

Edited by Tyen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within the next three days I hope, that all just depends on whether I run into some show stopping problems with the skinned meshes.

I did receive some feedback about the sword, and will be adding more detail to the hilt.

Within the next three days I hope, that all just depends on whether I run into some show stopping problems with the skinned meshes.

I did receive some feedback about the sword, and will be adding more detail to the hilt.

Alright, great!

Hey everyone, I've released a update to the initial release yesterday.

Based on feedback, I added detail to the hilt and made it more 'Skyrim-y'. With kind of beaten and dented metal, and a dark leather grip. I really kind of like how it turned out.

Also fixed a problem with blood always appearing on the blade.

If you had any trouble with the feedback form, the link should now be fixed and you can find that below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dFRNQjU3Yzc0RGtVNlRvanM0dEVJX3c6MQ

Let me know if you have any problems.

Next up, the iconic tunic and awesome hat!

Wow. That's all I can say. I really respect your enthusiasm for this project, and I absolutely cannot wait to see what comes out in the future. I know everyone has been asking about it, but I'm very curious to know when or if you plan on making the sword and shield add-ons instead of replacing what's there. I know it's a difficult task, but I believe it would ultimately be very rewarding. Also, have you given any thought to making the Master Sword a unique enchanted item, ala a Daedric Artifact, thus allowing use of the Sword Beam effect? If you do, I was thinking instead of tying it to health and power attacks (as I'm sure that would be most difficult even with the Skyrim creation tools yet to be released) you could have it be a powerful effect like a Lightning Bolt that uses up the entire charge, thus requiring a grand soul gem for every use. Also if possible, have it do extra Magicka damage, as in the Zelda games it was supposed to be able to vanquish evil magic. As for the Hylian Shield, perhaps an enchantment effect that makes it very resistant to fire? Just a random thought. I hope you do keep at this; I sure wish I knew enough to help, but alas I am lousy at modding. :)

@chocolambot

I will definitely be adding more wear and tear to the shield and sword. Also tweaking the overall shininess of it, right now with the amount of bloom it reflects, it looks like I've made the MirrorShield

@Voraxith

The weapons will be stand-alone soon, all in good time :smile: Your ideas are good, I really like the idea of the MasterSword doing extra magicka damage.

@LoganZezima2

That's pretty neat! All we need to do now is add in high grass we can trim with our swords en-mass and collect these gems :wink: