The Legend of Zelda - A Skyrim Modification

Tyen

@DoesBoKnow

Modding your Xbox for any reason is illegal and is not supported here, sorry.

Welcome to the new millennium, where you don't own the things you buy.

It would be really cool if there were a way for the console players to get Skyrim mods.

OP, I like where this is going. However, the pristine look from your images doesn't quite fit the theme of the game. Add some grunge, make the backs of the shields wooden, etc. The boomerang would be really sweet, as would a bombchu. (even though that would really break the game's immersion :) ) Also, if the sword beam doesn't work out, what about Ocarina of Time's spinning attack? Or the fairy magic? Din's fire is similar to a flame spell, but I can't remember what it's name is. Nayru's Love could make a pretty awesome invincibility spell. In a super-hard dungeon, Farore's Wind would be pretty neat, allowing you to bail out if you had to.

Anyway, best of luck. I look forward to this mod.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, Just a quick update to say where things are at with the mod for the moment.

'Real Life' happened over the past few weeks and progress slowed down, so that is why there has not been a update recently. But now it is the new year! Things must be done!

For the mod;

The tunic is 80% done, with final texturing and actually getting it into the game to go as a unique item.

I know one of the biggest requested features right now is to have items as unique weapons and armour, I have been looking into this. But there have been a series of show-stopping issues with the modding tools. Where either they go invisible, do not show the model or do not get saved to the inventory. Or a collection of those. Most likely a big update will hopefully come soon after the creation kit is released.

Hey, quick question. Never modded Skyrim before, so I was wondering if someone could explain how to add the mod to the game! Thanks!

You can go to this page to find a nice piece of software to manage it for you, and explain the steps required to get the mod. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/content/modmanager/

Next time you visit this page ( and you are logged in ) you will be a button for 'Download with Manager' on the page. Just hit that, and the application will launch and download the files for you.

Send me a message if you run into any problems :)

Oh, hey!

Progress is ticking along again, and things are a happening. Here's a sneak peak at Link's tunic, which you can look out for over the coming weeks!

http://tomc3d.com/other/skyrimzelda/2012-11-01/Updates_t.JPG

Many other nice things will be included in the update, which I will write up about when the time comes

( Yes that means unique items for everyone that has requested it )

What items do all want to see next?

Been a while since I checked in on this, and thought I'd poke my head in. How is everything, Tyen? I know all about real life interfering; my own life has basically crippled my ability to work on any more mods myself, but hopefully soon I'll be back to it, and be able to accomplish some of the things people have asked me for. Oh well. Any more progress? One thing I noticed that kinda made me chuckle is in response to those requesting that the back of the Hylian shield should be wood. If you look closely at the pic that Tyen posted for an example of what his tunic will look like, the back of the Hylian shield is showing -- and it looks JUST LIKE what he has already made! Oh well, beggars CAN be choosers, after all. I really hope to see some more work done on this soon. Good luck and best wishes from an admirer. :)

EDIT: Oh! And I do have a request. Could the tunic possibly be compatible for female characters, as well? So far I've been very disappointed with my efforts to make a good-looking Link with the male elf character options, but I've got a pretty decent looking female high-elf/Nord hybrid that comes pretty dang close. Hell, Link should've been a chick anyway, imho.

Edited by Voraxith

Wow! That tunic looks pretty awesome! Great work Tyen! So far your mod has easily been my most anticipated. I apologize if you've already figured this out yourself, but with how the game works as of now and the fact that you can't wield a shield in your right hand and a sword in the left, you might want to mirror the model of the tunic and the gauntlets. The gauntlets mostly because the armored one is supposed to give Link a little added protection on his unshielded hand, and the tunic because the strap for his sword sheathe (whenever a mod comes out for placing 1H and shields on back) would be out of position. Granted, if you already figured that out, then ignore the bulk of this post and more power to you! Can't wait to try this out. Edited by OrcaTheRed

Wow! That tunic looks pretty awesome! Great work Tyen! So far your mod has easily been my most anticipated. I apologize if you've already figured this out yourself, but with how the game works as of now and the fact that you can't wield a shield in your right hand and a sword in the left, you might want to mirror the model of the tunic and the gauntlets. The gauntlets mostly because the armored one is supposed to give Link a little added protection on his unshielded hand, and the tunic because the strap for his sword sheathe (whenever a mod comes out for placing 1H and shields on back) would be out of position. Granted, if you already figured that out, then ignore the bulk of this post and more power to you! Can't wait to try this out.

This is exactly what I wanted to say. Here's hoping that this mod becomes the perfect Legend of Zelda mod for Skyrim.

Oh, and one more thing, will you be able to create a hair model that would fit well with Link's hat? Most likely you will have "no-hair" issues if the hat is an entirely separate model from vanilla hats. Meaning that the hat will show no hair unless a hat-and-hair model is created that would give the appearance of a hat showing at the "same time" as the hair. The dilemma is that, in order to preserve full customization of a character's appearance, each new hat must be given models for each and every hairstyle either already in or will be introduced into the game, and vice versa.

Edited by Linkxp500