cool 3rd person camera set up

spazcomania

anyone else played around with the camera set up? after a lot of experimentation I settled on this - just paste into your skyrim ini (not skyrim prefs) for a better over the shoulder style action. Will suit archery experts with better eagle eye mod. also you can zoom the camera back a very long way (looks cool to run around with the camera a hundred metres or so overhead) and theres no difference between weapon drawn and sheathed. works best with fov of 80 or above.

post your own if you have come up with something you prefer

[Camera]

fVanityModeMaxDist=60000.0000

fVanityModeMinDist=40.0000

fThumbstickZoomSpeed=0.0050

fMinCurrentZoom=0.001

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=-10.0000

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=50.0000

fOverShoulderPosZ=-10.0000

fOverShoulderPosX=50.0000

to uninstall just delete it

-enjoy

Hmm interesting.

It's nice, but you forfeit the ability to choose the close-up chase cam distance. It's either close or far, nothing inbetween. Is there not a way round that?

Do you know how to stop the camera zooming back when you draw your weapon in 3rd person?

And do you know a way to lock the fov at 90? I've tried the .ini but it always reverts back to 75.

these are the default settings paste them in your skyrim ini (not skyrimprefs ini)

[Camera]

fActorFadeOutLimit=30

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=-100.0000

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=20.0000

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0000

fOverShoulderPosZ=-10.0000

fOverShoulderPosX=30.0000

fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-300.0000

fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=0.0000

fOverShoulderHorsePosX=0.0000

fMouseWheelZoomIncrement=0.0750

change the 'AddY' lines to = 0.0000 will keep third person the same with or without weapon drawn

in this in the same ini paste

fDefault1stPersonFOV=80.0000

fDefaultWorldFOV=80.0000

fDefaultFOV=80.0000

just change to 90

it still swaps back every now and then but I only hand distance

im trying to figure out how to get the camera to zoom when sprinting instead of panning back

• 2 years later...

Guys I need your help. The [camera] section wasn't on my Skyrim.ini . I added the lines you recomended with the default values first. After I changed zoom in and out options, wheel zoom step and fov, saved and load the game. Don't see any diference. Is it possible that Skyrim is not reading the new lines?

I use skse but I dont think it matters right? Also, I had the inmersive first person view mod as the only mod that changes camera settings. I uninstalled it but had no effect at all.

Any advise? plase, I know this is supposed to be basic and that is why is driving my crazy not to get it working.

I personally use this mod to make changes to my 3rd person camera, it even lets you map a button to have a couple additional camera modes besides just 1st and 3rd, I use it to allow myself to have 1st, 3rd, and 2nd person camera view, and to add the ability to swap which shoulder I am looking over at the press of a button. I also use this to remove the ability to zoom in/out in 3rd person, so the camera is always at a fixed distance, I personally get really tired of my camera randomly changing distances on me, since I tend to accidentally click the sticks during intense moments in the game.

Very handy, and I do not have to relaunch the game or Alt+Tab and then enter console codes to see the edits I've made!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37347/?

I personally use this mod to make changes to my 3rd person camera, it even lets you map a button to have a couple additional camera modes besides just 1st and 3rd, I use it to allow myself to have 1st, 3rd, and 2nd person camera view, and to add the ability to swap which shoulder I am looking over at the press of a button. I also use this to remove the ability to zoom in/out in 3rd person, so the camera is always at a fixed distance, I personally get really tired of my camera randomly changing distances on me, since I tend to accidentally click the sticks during intense moments in the game.

Very handy, and I do not have to relaunch the game or Alt+Tab and then enter console codes to see the edits I've made!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37347/?

This looks awesome!